It is officially Spring!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Ho Ho Tai

.....now somebody, please tell the weather :rolleyes:

Everybody's off to Spring Break. I think I had a Spring Break the last time I hit a pothole. Garage: Please tell me weather it's busted or not. :rolleyes:

CleverBomb

On Space Out
Happy Vernal Equinox Day!

I knew Vern from way back when -- never thought he'd make much of himself but here he is with a whole day in his honor. Good for him!

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
I pulled into a parking lot today at a strip mall and it was so crowded I waited twenty minutes for a space. I asked a girl standing outside the tattoo parlor next to my space what was going on and she said, Oh, first day of Spring and Rita's gives out free Italian ices! It's like this all summer long but today is the worst. The traffic spilled out into the highway.

Funny thing is, I've never liked their ices and wouldn't even eat a free one.

Nice day though! Snow is almost gone. Almost.

Sweetie

Where is the Love?
It was pretty nice here in NYC today. I soaked it up! What tomorrow will bring? Who knows... lol.

J34

Purple Monkey Dishwasher!
Yup it's officially the first day of Spring here in newfie :rolleyes:

If that's your car, I applaud your ability to drive a RWD car in that monstrous pile of snow. Owning one myself, its no easy task.

As for the weather, seems its going to be stuck on cold for at least a couple more weeks, not that I'm complaining. Spring is the time of year that I detest the most, when my mortal enemy rears its ugly head... pollen

MattB

Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I don't even care for snow at Christmas, so yeah...not a happy Canuck right now.

Die snow...die...:mad:

NewfieGal

Live laugh love always :)
If that's your car, I applaud your ability to drive a RWD car in that monstrous pile of snow. Owning one myself, its no easy task.

As for the weather, seems its going to be stuck on cold for at least a couple more weeks, not that I'm complaining. Spring is the time of year that I detest the most, when my mortal enemy rears its ugly head... pollen

It's been a challenge this year let me tell ya worst winter in about 20 years here and that's saying something, thinking it might be time to trade up to a 4wd... The first day of Spring here yielded 10 cm of snow, 80 km of wind and I am currently sitting here by the window at work watching the freezing rain and ice pellets that started about 2 hours ago :mad:

CleverBomb

On Space Out

It's been a challenge this year let me tell ya worst winter in about 20 years here and that's saying something, thinking it might be time to trade up to a 4wd... The first day of Spring here yielded 10 cm of snow, 80 km of wind and I am currently sitting here by the window at work watching the freezing rain and ice pellets that started about 2 hours ago :mad:
Tire (cable) chains, if you can tolerate going slow and thumpity-thump are almost magical in their effect. Bit of a hassle to install or remove, though, and good snow tires (with studs, if allowed) are far more practical and fairly effective. Bad tires... well, just don't go there. (Assuming you could even get moving in the first place!)

I've had four rear-wheel-drive vehicles through winters on Utah's Wasatch Front, and commend anyone with the skill to drive 'em on the white stuff. The funny thing is, for decades every car was rear-wheel-drive, and for the most part people did ok even without electronic traction and stability control. I must admit they make it a LOT easier though...

</old coot>

And as for pollen -- Claratin and Allegra changed my life when they came out. Anything else knocks me RIGHT out, without even helping control the symptoms.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I saw this picture yesterday, with the caption: "Signs of Spring; finding the car!" (or something like that)

MattB

Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
That we are getting what appears to be the most snow in that graphic leads me to one conclusion. Ian Black must be arrested and detained until the warm weather arrives. It's our only recourse.

Reactions: Tad

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
That we are getting what appears to be the most snow in that graphic leads me to one conclusion. Ian Black must be arrested and detained until the warm weather arrives. It's our only recourse.

Well, technically Bancroft is set to get more snow, but...ignoring Bancroft is pretty much what we all do, so I'm with your reading of it :p

RabbitScorpion

vienna carrier-no venom
But their TV station is one of the few left on channel 2 and has been seen everywhere, even Portugal, LOL

Oh, our (Detroit) forecast is for snow and temperatures to get down to just a few degrees above 0º F (or about -15º C) during the week. It has been a brutal winter here. We've been playing a game - "Detroit vs. Siberia" the last few months. We guess which is warmer, then check the temperatures for Detroit and Novosibirsk (the largest Siberian city).

It's been about 50/50, if not Siberia beating Detroit a little more than half the time!

In a week and a half comes April. I hope the deep freeze breaks. Anything can happen in April. It has proven it can give us our snowiest day ever (about 25"/63cm), or the warmest temperature for a year.

MattB

Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Two years ago on this day it was 27c in Ottawa. I can't even imagine that temperature anymore.

Latest posts