• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

It's Our Fault

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ2d

Ok, this has been irritating me for two months,

I read an article which I cannot find now so forgive me, but it was about the UN's growing concern over "modern diseases". From what I remember the WHO (United Nations) seem to be positioning themselves to declare that all modern diseases (heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc) are pretty much OUR FAULT. Their choice of words in what I read went something like "the lifestyle choice" of people is primarily responsible for...and steps need to be taken to "combat"... Naturally obesity was at the top of their list, along with smoking, drinking, and what they called poor diet choices... however there was no mention of:

1.) Ingestion of and exposure to industrial chemicals and industry waste; lead, mercury, cadmium, fluorine, aluminum, as well as mixtures and compounds such as Bisphenol A, Benzene, radioactive materials, and the sea of pesticides, fungicides, and herbicides out there. All or some of which is found in our food, water, air, cosmetics, deodorants, clothes, carpets, toys, drywall etc!

2.) The sea of pharmaceutical drugs that have been and continue to be pushed on adults and children alike. All of which carry amazing side effects including diabetes and death.

3.) Additives to our food like MSG, Aspartame, color dyes, BHA & BHT (preservatives).

4.) Fake anything- fake fat, fake sugar (rule of thumb: don't eat anything your body didn't evolve to digest; ex. butter is good, margarine is bad)

5.) Stress- there's lots of it, everywhere

So anyway the scape-goating nanny-state attitude I sensed from the piece irritated me so I wanted to share. If I can find the exact article I read I will post it.

Latest posts

Back