• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

"L'Obésité dans le monde" ["Obesity in the World"]

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallFatSue

Thanx to my late grandmothers (who spoiled me royally rotten as a girl with their delicious Old World baking, and bribed me with extra goodies to speak a little of their languages), I know a modicum of French and German. Today I was looking up some stuff about France, and stumbled across a summary for an exhibition about "L'Obésité dans le monde" ["Obesity in the World"] at Collège André Malraux in Pontarlier, France.

I didn't give it much thought at first, because it seemed to contain the usual platitudes about the supposed evils of obesity. But then something caught my eye: this very true statement which our so-called weight experts prefer to ignore:

"Les régimes restrictifs sont dangereux et sans résultat: ils provoquent de nombreuses carences, et les kilos perdus reviennent tôt ou tard. Manger doit rester une source de plaisir."

Translation: "Restrictive regimes are dangerous and without result: they provoke numerous deficiencies, and the lost kilos return sooner or later. Eating must remain a source of pleasure."

Eating a pleasure? Cool! A well-balanced, very large meal is so pleasurable it's almost erotic. So I read on, and the presentation as a whole was surprisingly balanced. Yes it mentions some risks of obesity (and I do closely monitor my health), but it also covers some everday challenges we fat people face in society. It's pretty straightforward and refreshingly without sensationalism. The graphics are nicely done too, and depict fat people with grace and even empathy. The obese woman in the main graphic is a stylish cutie! :)

Which reminds me: In the cold months I often wear open vests, sweaters or jackets which probably accentuate how fat I am, kinda like the supersize cutie in this graphic, but they're so doggone comfy. Last time I visited my parents, I opened up my jacket as I walked into their house. Almost on cue, my mother asked for the umpteenth time, "Doesn't it bother you to have that belly of yours hanging out for all the world to see?" Not at all, Mom. I'm verrrry proud of my fat. ;)

View attachment Expo_Obesite.jpg

Latest posts

Back