Low traffic and Few Posts

Discussion in 'GLBTQ' started by DragonFly, May 23, 2018.

1. May 23, 2018 #1

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Global Moderator

i know there are many self identified GLBTQ Dimmers.... ant to be more inclusive

Gay
    Lesbian
    bisexual
    Trans
    Asexual
    Non-binary
    Demi-sexual
    Pan-sexual

Have I missed anyone? I fit somewhere between bisexual and Demi-sexual, Cis Female, widow. And big supporter of my brothers, sisters and all other folks out there. I’m specially interested where this intersects with fat!

2. May 24, 2018 #2

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Administrator Global Moderator

Hooray for people remember asexuals! =D

I'm asexual, but my romantic orientation is a little more complicated, I guess. I'm kinda grey-romantic, somewhere between aromantic and panromantic. Gender doesn't matter in the slightest to me in choosing a partner but at the same time, I'm generally 100% happy to be on my own and don't tend to really think much about romance and stuff. My current relationship, my boyfriend pretty much approached me with a business proposal, giving me a bunch of reasons he thought we would be compatible and asking if I wanted to have a trial period with him, hah. I was so charmed by the thoughtfulness and autistic-friendly way he asked I just had to say yes!

For what it is worth, a big part of what makes the two of us so compatible is our mutual chub love! He is asexual as well, but very much romantically attracted to women, and has a super strong preference for fat women. Even from an aesthetic standard, so his female friends have given up asking for his opinion on fashion because they don't want to hear they look "cute and fat", hah! I'm pretty much only attracted to fat guys, and though he's smaller than what I usually go for (I <3 SSBHM) he's just so damn sweet and cute. Oddly enough, I like women of all shapes and sizes. Skinny, muscular, fat, super-sized... women are amazing. <3

I also like non-binary people, especially if they are chubby too.

DragonFly likes this.
  3. May 25, 2018 #3

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

I totally understand what you are saying Loopy - I can be all over the place with things. I’ve had two significant relationships and they were both very different. What I really miss is cuddling. LOL

limitededition and hommecreux like this.
  4. May 25, 2018 #4

Tracii

Tracii

Tracii

I tend to get confused with all the different types of sexuality choices.Its almost like somebody makes up something so they can call themselves something totally different. I'm Bi so call me old school.LOL

5. May 25, 2018 #5

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

loopytheone likes this.
  6. May 25, 2018 #6

Tracii

Tracii

Tracii

If that is based on Kinsey he was a dope head in the 40s and 50's
    He was an entomologist and a zoologist and self proclaimed sex expert I think he was a bit out there and wrong more often than right. To take his opinion as gospel is a bit of a stretch. I studied him in college and thought he was a BS artist.

7. May 26, 2018 #7

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

No that is not from Kinsey, it is much more current and reflect designations currently used in the community. The research being done at UCSB, I’ve also recent spoken with a sociologist in process of publishing a text to be used for teaching and that matches the information in there. You might want to look at the link and read through it I think you will be surprised.

8. May 31, 2018 #8

gythaogg

gythaogg

gythaogg

I'm a bi cis lady, and it's interesting that this is such a quiet forum. I have a thread I'm going to make now about the specific tensions I have around being attracted to fat women that I don't have around being attracted to fat men. Thank you for posting to potentially revive the subforum!

DragonFly likes this.
  9. May 31, 2018 #9

Tracii

Tracii

Tracii

Tensions ?? If you are attracted to fat women it just is what it is.

10. May 31, 2018 #10

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Great subject to start!!!!!! As a Cis Female of the super fatty variety I find that is very interesting. Looking forward to that.

11. Jun 1, 2018 #11

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

Feel free to ask anything

Man! I really missed this place with such interesting conversations! Happy to be back.
    But I have a question to get up to speed on things: What is Cis? I know that I could google it, but I've always preferred to get info from the source.

DragonFly likes this.
  12. Jun 1, 2018 #12

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

It is short for cis-gendered. A cis-gendered person is a person that agrees with the gender they were assigned at birth, as opposed to a trans-person, who identifies as a different gender to the one they were assigned at birth. Cis-gender is the opposite of being trans-gender.

13. Jun 4, 2018 #13

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

Cool. I wondered why someone would need to identify themselves as such and then realized that this thread was in a GLBTQ forum. That I thought could be interesting. Since I probably only have one side of the tensions question that I can speak on, maybe I should keep my cis-butt in my own lane! (boy I hope I used that correctly)

DragonFly likes this.
  14. Jun 12, 2018 #14

Iannathedriveress

Iannathedriveress

Iannathedriveress

Random Heroine

I'm a transwoman and a lesbian. The LGBTQ+ community at Dimensions must be small around here.

DragonFly likes this.
  15. Jun 12, 2018 #15

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

It appears so. I was hoping that there would be some interesting conversations going on in here but alas, it's not to be as of yet.

Iannathedriveress likes this.
  16. Jun 12, 2018 #16

Fat Molly

Fat Molly

Fat Molly

hufflepuff hobbit

Queer cis lady here

Iannathedriveress and DragonFly like this.
  17. Jun 12, 2018 #17

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

This board has always struggled with the compounding issues of a relatively small poster base compared to some of the other boards, and that a lot of issues that could be discussed here can also be discussed on other boards (and so draw wider participation). The board still has an important function and has had some good conversations, imo, but it has always been dependent on having one or two chatty posters to really get any flow going, and is petty quiet the rest of the time.

And to be a bit more on topic, my gender identity has never felt like it fit in my body overly well, but I've never identified changes to my body (other than weight related) that would really help the situation. My sexuality is more fat related than gender related , I think, but also feels somewhat fluid. I mean I chose the user name Tad because I feel a tad bit this and a tad bit that, so no one body (or life) would ever let me fully express all of it. I happened to fall in love with with a cis-het woman, and my nature is pretty monogamous, so from the outside I'm pretty indistinguishable from a cis-het guy. It just doesn't feel that way on the inside.

18. Jun 13, 2018 #18

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Tad, have you looked into people who are non-binary? Because that seems to fit what you describe pretty well, and looking into it might help you find something you think fits you better. I actually have a few non-binary friends that have no problem with their bodies and presenting/looking their assigned gender, but that doesn't make them any less non-binary on the inside.

I understand what you mean about being indistinguishable for cis-het people too. My partner is a heteroromantic asexual and I'm a panromantic asexual, so neither of us are straight, but from an outside perspective, it looks like a relationship between hetero m/f. Which is absolutely fine, just inaccurate.

19. Jun 13, 2018 #19

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Loopy, like you said with relationship, I'm not so worried about having an accurate label on me, compared to just understanding and being at peace with what I am and am not. I'm feeling pretty good on the latter these days, thanks in no small part to these boards. And at fifty + married for a couple of dozen years, nobody really cares what labels might apply :p

20. Jun 13, 2018 #20

rellis10

rellis10

rellis10

tuh-maw-tow

Some people find comfort in a label that sums their identity up neatly, others don't need that. In the end all that matters is that you can be at peace with yourself.

For me, I identify as Cis-Male Pansexual (but I normally simplify it down to Bisexual when talking about it as it's a much more accessible term for most people who aren't as au fait with the terminology).

Attraction for me is not limited to any one gender, it varies so incredibly from person to person no matter how they identify. Physically and personality wise, I find such a spectrum of things attractive that no other term but Pansexual really fits.

Tad and loopytheone like this.