• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

New member looking to talk with others who've experienced WLS &/or compulsive eating

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamsterine

Hi folks. This is more of an introduction post than anything, but I am postng it in this section out of respect for the "if you must discuss WLS, do it here" rule.

I am English, a tattoo artist by trade, and I enjoy movies, music, theatre, pets and other animals, vegan food/clothes/lifestyle. I have one child, who lives with my ex-, and one partner, who lives with me.

I accept other people's fat a lot more readily than I accept my own :( I had a gastric bypass 8 weeks ago. I lost weight for maybe 2 weeks, but now I am overeating again and have gained the weight back. I'd idealised the surgery a lot and at moments imagined I would have a slim body and (somehow) a near-perfect life after the op, although mostly I recognised that this was unrealistic.

Maybe I will have to learn to accept myself as I am, size and all rather than insiting the extra weight is just a short term problem and that "normaility" will be resumed sooner or later. Although I have been slim many times, I have probably been fat for more of my life than I have been thin. It is hard for me to accept that at the moment; I feel like the fat is "not really me", whatever that means.

Thanks for reading my post. I'd love to hear back from anyone who can identify with what I have said and especially from people who have come through this sort of mindset and now feel really comfortable with their bodies. I'd love to know how you did it!

xx

Latest posts

Back