New Year Goals

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MisticalMisty

I don't make resolutions. I'm more of a goal person. So here are my goals for 2007.

#1. I will stop being such a big, fat chicken and I will explore Tulsa and discover all it has to offer me.

#2. I will take some kind of class just for me. I want to find either a cooking, photography or dance class.

#3. Buy a grown up tv, a bedroom set and actually invite someone to my apartment. I don't know who..but someone will be the lucky girl/guy.

#4. Start my National Certification. So I can just teach anywhere.

#5. Start looking into other places to live besides Oklahoma.

That's it for now. Your turn

Mini

Right, not nice
Is this a thread for all of us to post our goals? You didn't say.

MisticalMisty

Is this a thread for all of us to post our goals? You didn't say.
lol..yes..everyone..please join in the goaling ;)

Sorry! I didn't think to invite others to post..just figured you guys where so pushy you'd do it anyways :p

Mini

Right, not nice
lol..yes..everyone..please join in the goaling ;)

Sorry! I didn't think to invite others to post..just figured you guys where so pushy you'd do it anyways :p
No need to apologise. Just didn't want to hog your thread with my shit. :p

My biggest goals for the new years are as follows:

1) Learn to masturbate. No, really. I'm repressed to a ridiculous degree.

2) Don't fuck up in college.

3) Make some friends. Do some stuff. Start living life.

4) Save enough money that I can do some travelling. (Vegas Bash, fingers crossed.)

5) This is actually a pre-req for 4: Get to a mental place where I won't be afraid to travel.

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
GOALS FOR 2007:

- Explore more.

- Take more photos, and better. Possibly sell some or get some published somewhere.

- Finish at least one of the stories that I've been writing.

- Get laid. (Leftover from 2006, 2005, etc.)

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
In no particular order (I don't do resolutions either):

1. Continue to keep my finances in order.

2. To expand my career contacts or go back to a full-time office job. Hopefully the former.

3. To take some art classes or at least spend time doing more creative things with my hands.

4. Continue my career education (actually starting that on Tuesday!) in order to round out my resume and have more up-to-the-minute and marketable skills should I need to head back to the 9-5 world.

5. Trip to California in February if not sooner. :wubu:

rainyday

Departed
Are you moving, AM?

1. Find some way to be of service. This is very important to me, and I specifically want it to be in the realm of helping those who are grieving. A couple weeks ago I wrote to a really wonderful center here that helps grieving children and families. In my letter I specified that I wanted to volunteer in some capacity other than working one on one with kids for now because my own grief is still too fresh. I got back a form letter inviting me to apply to be be a facilitator for one of their children's groups. :doh: Temporarily discouraged me, but I'm going to pursue it again in January, either there or hospice or somewhere else.

2. Figure out a direction to head for my next career. I work in a young person's business and at 41 I'm not considered young anymore. I still get plenty of assignments, but I need to get Plan B in line because inevitably that will decline. I was seriously considering becoming a hospital chaplain, but at this point think I've ruled that out.

3. Declutter my abode and sell a bunch of my grandparents' belongings for my parents that are taking up storage room here.

4. Finish my will and advance directive.

5. Decide on a plan for restoring my yard and start implementing it.

6. Continue exercising and very slowly losing weight. I want to get back to a place where I can travel more comfortably.

7. Create--(1) Take more photos and (2) Spend time drawing and hopefully take my favorite week-long class again next summer.

Tina

Older and wiser now
AM, somehow I'm guessing you could kind of blend the last part of number three and all of number five... :p

Still thinking about mine; I don't do resolutions, either.

Rainy, what class is that?

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
AM, somehow I'm guessing you could kind of blend the last part of number three and all of number five... :p
Oooooooooooo, you're so dirty!!!!

I love it.

BigCutieSasha

Fatty McFat Fat
I would say these are goals as well and these are not in any specific order.

1. Travel outside of Oregon, Washington or Cali.

2. Get my own place.

3. Have credit card and most of student loan paid off.

4. Get to 400 lbs.

5. Read 25 books ( im just getting into reading a lot now and I LOVE it)

6. Start to learn either a new language or some subject that I know nothing/little about right now.

7. Get my 3rd tattoo on my back.

8. Working full time as a massage therapist.

9. Get the BBHC more memebers, and maybe start doing stuff with the members.

10. Sing in Public.

Ok, so I know I listed a lot. But after finishing school this last year, I feel like I am capible of achiving all this. hehe

rainyday

Departed
T, it's a colored pencil class at an art center at the coast. I may have told you about it before. A week spent among the pines above the sea just drawing and learning new techniques. It's lovely and so peaceful. I couldn't go last year because it conflicted with Vegas, but now that the bash is in August, I think I can make it this year.

Tina

Older and wiser now
Oh yeah, that's right. Sounds wonderful. I'd love to see what you come up with. :)

BTW, you think you'll be heading up this way, AM? *keeping fingers crossed*

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
Oh yeah, that's right. Sounds wonderful. I'd love to see what you come up with. :)

BTW, you think you'll be heading up this way, AM? *keeping fingers crossed*
Our plan is Santa Barbara right now - not sure how close that puts me to you, but I'll only be there with him from Friday night until Sunday. (Rest of the time we'll be down in LBC.)

Jon Blaze

FALCON
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
DM Supporter
1. To make decent grades in college- I always try to at least pass, but that isn't always the case. I'm just looking forward to getting my AA in the next year and a half or so.

2. To become decent at Capoeira- I started Tae Kwon Do again... I got my kicks back (and my side split back as you might have seen :p ), but my acrobatics still have a lot to be desired. If I become well-versed, then I will move on to my next goal, which is:

3. To begin Jeet Kune Do- I have a decent eye flick for a newb :p

4. To become stronger- I was a little busy this year to try hard at achieving this. I think I might have a chance in '07.

5. To visit my best online friend- I've known Mia Davina for almost three years now. Unfortunately enough for me, I haven't been able to take the 1300 mile flight to the North. One of my biggest goals is to save up enough to go for a visit. Maybe then we can decide whether we should become friends, acquaintances, or more :smitten:

6. I won't even think about this one until I meet all of my other goals.

Tina

Older and wiser now
Our plan is Santa Barbara right now - not sure how close that puts me to you, but I'll only be there with him from Friday night until Sunday. (Rest of the time we'll be down in LBC.)
I am about an hour and a half north of SB. :) You may not want to interrupt your time together to meet me, though, and I can totally understand that! :D

extra_fat_guy

1. Show the woman I care about just how much I do care for her.

2. Spend more time with my family.

3. Spend less time online.

4. Start living life instead of just wishing for a better one.

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
I am about an hour and a half north of SB. :) You may not want to interrupt your time together to meet me, though, and I can totally understand that! :D
Poo... I think that might be a little too far for the short time we're going to be there.

Boooo hissssss.

Well, when we get closer to all that, I'll let you know in case you happen to be cruising through SB for some reason that weekend. LOL :)

Tina

Older and wiser now
Well, maybe the next trip? Time always goes by way too quickly, and you never get to do all the things you want to do, so meeting someone else on your first visit to CA would probably not be the best thing. But next time, maybe you'll be hitting Sycamore, and if not, I don't mind driving to SB. Would do it this time, but I remember how first meetings are, and they should be all about the two of you, without having me in there. :D

Latest posts