Our Community Loss - Cindy G.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
Cindy G. passed on today (Wednesday).

This community was greatly impacted by Cindy. Long before the myriad of sites and resources we now have, there were a few pioneers who staked out their claim and showed the world that big was not only beautiful, but "flabulous". Cindy G. was one of those people. Her site, and the people it helped inspire, are part of our online history. Any man or woman who's online today and enjoying parts of our larger community is likely benefiting from part of the trail blazed by people like Cindy. Finding a woman who was willing to share pieces of her life, images of herself, and even videos, before most even understood how to use dial up, etc. She was ahead of the curve. She helped so many women see that fat can be sexy and alluring, and so many men realize they are not alone in their preference for a large, soft partner. She supported NAAFA and other size acceptance events throughout the years, and was always happy to spend time chatting with new and old friends alike.

Cindy's untimely passing is truly tragic and we've lost a wonderful spirit today, a woman who's soft spoken nature and kind smile was a welcome sight to any who had the pleasure of knowing her. Please keep Cindy's family and loved ones in your thoughts and prayers while they deal with the passing of a truly kind and gentle soul.

Please feel free to share your thoughts and memories of Cindy with those in the community. For those who knew her it will be a wonderful memorial, and for those who didn't, it will give them a glimpse of the special person behind the pictures.

Ned Sonntag

Outermost Hoodoo Doctor
My wife passed away 3 years ago Monday, and Cindy and Mr.G had come all the way out here last year at about this time to purchase her electric wheelchair. Condolences to Mr.G and the community.:(

exile in thighville

groups/347570880589/
this is horrible. i'm so sorry. cindy will be missed and she was a well-known and visible member of a good community.

CCC

I remember seeing her when I was but a fledgling boychik of an FA...

She will be missed.

Eclectic_Girl

Rock n Roll Babe
Very sad news. Although I didn't get to spend a lot of time with her, I enjoyed chatting with Cindy at the HB events.

She'll be missed.

UncannyBruceman

Throughout my entire life, I can't remember a time in which I had gasped before logging in to say a few words on this sad, sad evening. I'll echo AnnMarie's words and say that Cindy G truly was a pioneer in the world of size acceptance.

When I first got online and searched for Dimensions in 1998, I found a link to her homepage and visited often. It was one of greatest resources that a fledgling FA could have: she had diary entries, links to size-positive sites, and some of the loveliest photos that my young FA eyes had seen. Add it all up, and you had a woman who embodied anything and everything that an FA could seek in a girlfriend or wife.

I first met Cindy in 2006, when I first started attending the Heavenly Bodies dances in MA. Her and I never really crossed paths much, but one fond memory I have of Cindy would be the night I assisted her out of the pool at a Labor Day event, with the help of another FA in attendance. She was a little shy over it, but I wish I could go back in time and say "ya got two cute young guys with their arms wrapped around ya, don't sweat it ;)".

ALL of us, regardless of who we are, how old we are, whether or not we run a paysite, or what our astrological signs are, owe a debt of gratitude to this wonderful, kind soul. Dimensions grew, in part, from her inspiration, and she was loved and admired by all who were fortunate enough to know her and/or call her 'friend'.

I will miss you, Cindy. Thank you for your friendship, and thank you for the strides you made for this community.

All my best to her friends and family.

Carrie

Cindy was such a gracious and kind person. I'm so very sorry to hear this.

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
I am stunned. And so, so sad. Cindy was the first online BBW model I ever knew. We met in Dimensions Chat in 1996 and then in person at the 1997 All Out Fall Out in Massachusetts. She and I took pictures together that weekend and she put them on her website, and linked to my own fledgling site.

All the traffic from that link ended up putting my site on the map.

We became friends after that, and she was really one of the sweetest, kindest, most loving gals I've ever known.

She will be sorely missed by me, by her family and her many friends...and by her multitude of fans.

View attachment 2HOT14CR.JPG
Cindy and Me - November, 1997.​

Tina

Older and wiser now
I feel at such a loss for words at this news. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

out.of.habit

Fat Lois Returns
Oh no. It's hard to imagine a Dimensions without Cindy, or a bash for that matter. She was very kind to me on the few occasions that I had the chance to meet her, and speak with her... a clearly vibrant, lovely, and kind woman. What a terrible loss for all of us. My heart, thoughts, and prayers to her loved ones.

Jon Blaze

FALCON
DM Supporter
God rest her soul. :(

Oddly enough, I met her only a little under a year ago for the first time at the Boston Bash. She was a good soul.

I really want to figure out what happened, but now is not the time.

KFD

I am Ironman
Wow. Rest in Peace Cindy. I remember first finding dimensions in the late nineties, and seeing Cindy's page. It has already been mentioned, but Cindy G truly was one of the pioneers for the BBW-online movement. We wouldn't have BODacious, or bombshells today without a prognasticator like cindy.

My condolences go out to her family...

KFD

QueenB

zoo-music girl
I personally didn't know her, but seeing how many of you she has touched makes me wish I had.

i send my deepest condolences to her family and friends.

BigCutieSasha

Fatty McFat Fat
Cindy and I only ever met once, and she was just an amazingly sweet women. She will be missed by all who admired her and who she inspired. My prayers and thoughts are with her friends and family.

Ivy

more cake, please!
DimensionsModel
This is so heartbreaking. My heart goes out to all of Cindy's family and friends. I can't even really begin to formulate thoughts on this.. I'm just really shocked and saddened.

I have always admired Cindy and thought the world of her. Sadly, I never got the opportunity to meet her. From the few interactions she and I had online I was able to see that not only was she a really gorgeous on the outside, she was a very caring, kind and warm person on the inside.

Cindy was one of the very first fat girls that I saw online. I was probably around 12 or 13. I had never seen another fat woman who was so confident and willing to put herself out there in the way that Cindy did and I admired her for that. Her photos gave me a lot of inspiration and comfort as a girl who was struggling with some pretty serious body image issues.

Cindy has always and will always have a special place in my heart. Rest in peace Cindy.

Gspoon

Spoonah
My thoughts to her and her family, this is truly tragic, she was an amazing person, who did great work and had the look of hospitality about her. This is a sad day for us all.

:(

Wild Zero

ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn
I'll miss her the same way I miss great writers or musicians I never had the fortune to meet. A mixture of sadness over the loss of someone whose work shaped me, regret for never having the chance to get to know her and envy for those she considered friends.

My prayers and thoughts for her family and friends.

Webmaster

Chief Emeritus
https://www.facebook.com/conrad.blickenstorfer, Ma
This is truly sad. Cindy was one of the models in the heydays of the Dimensions print magazine when she was in her late 20s. Even though the web was still young, Cindy had already established what was then a significant presence on her Geocities site, and it was a treasure trove of information for fat women. Her effervescent personality was a constant ray of sunshine and a positive force in whatever she tackled, and that included her selfless work with differently abled people. Cindy will forever be remembered by those who loved her and those whose lives she touched.