• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Petition for Muscular DystrophY research and treatment

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haunted

Bi-Coastal!!!
(Please Sign and help spread the word John and His son are very Close friends of mine Thanks)

Muscular Dystrophy Me, and You

This really isn't about me and you. This is about someone important to me and the things that will keep his muscles functioning as best they can for as long as they can. You see, one of the drugs that help my son also help Adam, whom you will learn about shortly. That drug is deflazecort. Also known as calcort. It is a steroid that happens to have fewer and milder side effects than the often compared drug prednisone. This is especially true in children. It is the preferred and recommended choice of the top Muscular Dystrophy doctors in the country and the world. Doctors such as Dr. Brenda Wong. You can learn about her here: Muscular Dystrophy treatment Basically, I am forced to purchase what is considered an illegal drug and transport it across international borders in direct violation of I don't know how many laws. Just to give my son the best available treatment that he deserves. Never mind that I pay the entire expense out of pocket since you can't submit an illegal drug to the insurance company for reimbursement! Why? I have to do this because the Government and FDA Regulations and approval process will cost many times over what the drug company will make....ever. Would you spend 35 million dollars to have your 'drug' approved in the US, knowing that you'll be lucky to make 1/35th back in 20 years? Why go through that when you already have a very long, successful track record and approval ALL ACROSS EUROPE? A road block is a road block and let's face it...business is about making money, not losing it. Of course it would appear there are some banks and car manufacturers that should be reminded of that. At any rate, if you have read this far, what the hell am I rambling for? The link below will take you to Adam, a man with MD and his petition for change.Petition For Change Can you take a few more minutes today, if not for my son and Adam, but for the kids that are being born right now and even tomorrow with this terrible disease? Make their world an easier place to live in. It might turn out to be someone you know....so please sign the petition. Petition For Change May your Holiday season be healthy, joyous and filled with family and friends.

All my best,
John Henry

Thanks Dimmers
Bill

Back