Rebel Wilson and Melissa McCarthy Make a Pact Not to Lose Weight

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Iannathedriveress

Random Heroine
http://jezebel.com/rebel-wilson-and-melissa-mccarthy-make-a-pact-not-to-lo-1484073723?rev=1387203988&utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_facebook&utm_source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Rebel Wilson and Melissa McCarthy have decided not to change for Hollywood. According to a report, the two have formed a pact: Stay large and in charge.

Of course, this comes from an anonymous source via a gossip site, but still! An insider claims: "Neither one of them is trying to lose weight and they’ve formed this little support group to keep each other from falling into the skinny Hollywood trap." Ooooh the skinny trap. Those little suckers are everywhere, you truly have to watch your step. In all seriousness: If these two are bonding over Tinseltown's obsession with svelteness, that's great. It's nice to have someone who understands/commiserates/doesn't judge. [Radar]

wrestlingguy

"Bitter Old Man"
I hope they stand their ground, though I'm not sure a nice 7 figure check might move them towards kicking the fat cause to the curb for a Jenny Craig/Weight Watchers endorsement.

If they don't, it will only cause me to respect both of these talented ladies even more.

lovelocs

Nunc est Bibendum
If this is at all true, should they pledge NOT to lose weight, or simply not to diet? What if they discover they LOVE ballroom dancing? Or rock climbing, and they do it often enough that it has an impact on their weight? What if they decide to cut out grains, or sugar, for their health? That may affect their weight. Just sayin'...

EMH1701

If this is at all true, should they pledge NOT to lose weight, or simply not to diet? What if they discover they LOVE ballroom dancing? Or rock climbing, and they do it often enough that it has an impact on their weight? What if they decide to cut out grains, or sugar, for their health? That may affect their weight. Just sayin'...
Good point. While I'm not a fan of dieting, as dieting tends to be unhealthy, if someone likes exercise enough it may impact their weight. Though, not always. There are plenty of overweight people who exercise, too.

sarahreign

Queen of Fat Rolls
I don't think it will last long...look how many other fat celebs have repped their curves and then went back on their words....nearly EVERY one of them! It's only a matter of time. I know I wouldn't lose weight if I ever make it big (pun intended)

joswitch

Exile from Main Board
http://jezebel.com/rebel-wilson-and-melissa-mccarthy-make-a-pact-not-to-lo-1484073723?rev=1387203988&utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_facebook&utm_source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Rebel Wilson and Melissa McCarthy have decided not to change for Hollywood. According to a report, the two have formed a pact: Stay large and in charge.

Of course, this comes from an anonymous source via a gossip site, but still! An insider claims: "Neither one of them is trying to lose weight and they’ve formed this little support group to keep each other from falling into the skinny Hollywood trap." Ooooh the skinny trap. Those little suckers are everywhere, you truly have to watch your step. In all seriousness: If these two are bonding over Tinseltown's obsession with svelteness, that's great. It's nice to have someone who understands/commiserates/doesn't judge. [Radar]

*polishes crystal ball*

I predict a diet company ad deal / excercise DVD from one or both of them within the next five years... :p

Aurora

Kushy Curves
Money is a big motivator! Hell, if people paid me a bunch of money to lose weight I'd do it. Much rather be paid to gain though lol.

mediaboy

Well this is great. My penis laughs in triumph.

In popular culture it is permitted for fat people to be funny or ridiculous.

They still aren't allowed to be sexy. This is especially true for women.

Its getting better. Little by little. The fucking 80's ruined everything. Except Dolly Parton.

nixon

I don't think it will last long...look how many other fat celebs have repped their curves and then went back on their words....nearly EVERY one of them! It's only a matter of time. I know I wouldn't lose weight if I ever make it big (pun intended)
I maybe believe McCarthy. She has been soso famous since Gilmore Girls without trying to make money of reping a diet company, why would she do it now that being overweight is obviously her niche into real blockbusters? She isn't exactly in a great starting position to take the hot sexy love interest roles from Megan Fox and Co simply due to her age and I doubt she wants to be the MILF sitcom mom. I am guessing her weight will hold at least as long as her fame. Maybe she'll try to get back into the public eye by dieting after it is gone, you never know. That seems to be standard procedure.