• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Reconstructive Surgury After Weight Loss

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmac

Six years ago my wife weighed over 500lbs. She underwent WLS at UCLA (supposedly a good hospital). The surgeon botched the operation – she was supposed to get a laproscopic gastric bypass but the doctor, who had never worked on a super-sized patient before, couldn’t do it. Instead he performed an old school open intestinal bypass. As an added bonus UCLA interns mistakenly reopened to wound looking for a nonexistent infection – this of course left a really big ugly scar. (I didn’t meet my future wife until after the ridiculously short one-year statute of limitations had run – I’d have sued their dumb asses for sure). Anyway, she lost about 100 pounds in the year following the operation – stabilized for several years – and then lost another 100 pounds when she decided to eat healthier (not diet – just cut out junk especially high fructose corn syrup and trans fats). She also delivered a healthy 9 pound girl while weighing about 350 (no complications at all – not even gestational diabetes).

All the forgoing predictably resulted in a significant amount of loose skin around her belly. To remedy the situation she’s contemplating reconstructive surgery (abdominoplasty and scar reversion). We made a consultation appointment with a Dr. Susan Downey in Los Angeles. Therefore, we’d like to ask:

(1) Has anyone here had any experience with Dr. Downey – good or bad?

And,

(2) Has anyone had good experiences with another reconstructive surgeon in Southern California?

We want to make sure that things turn out better this time under the knife.

Latest posts

Back