• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Savory Pies

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainyday

Departed
Awhile back there was some discussion of this type of pie in a thread when BB mentioned a savory pie. I know you all must have some more of these recipes. Share please? Especially if you have a leek recipe. I bought three large leeks to make soup with the sunchokes as Olive suggested, but ended up just eating the sunchokes plain after roasting. Now I need to use up the leeks.

Here's my contribution. This is a pie my sweetie used to make frequently that he found in one of my English cookbooks. It has a comfort food kind of feel about it and the flavor is very mild. Don't leave out the capers--they add a great flavor.

Suffolk Fish Pie

2 lb. cod or haddock fillets (whiting works also)
1 pint of milk
salt and pepper
3 hard boiled eggs, shelled
2 oz butter
2 oz flour
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 teaspoon chopped capers
1 lb mashed potatoes

Set oven to 375 F. Cook the fish in the milk in a saucepan, seasoning to taste. Reserve the milk and flake the fish. Butter a deep 2 to 2 1/2 pint pie dish and put the fish into it. Slice the hard boiled eggs and lay them on top of the fish. Melt the butter and stir in the flour, then add the reserved milk and cook, stirring, until thickened. Stir in the parsley and capers and season to taste. Pour this sauce over the fish and eggs. Cover with mashed potato, roughing it up lightly with a fork. Dot with a little butter and cook for 30 minutes or until the potato is lightly browned.

If desired, a layer of sliced tomato can be placed on top of the fish, before the potato topping is added.

Latest posts

Back