Sexy smell

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Boteroesque Babe

All cookies cleared!
I like smelling like a bar of soap. Same for men. Though I do miss Albert Nipon. Which smelled like a bar of soap.

Also love Lush's "Butterball" bath bomb. Clean and powdery smelling, with a smidge of Ylang Ylang. And their coconutty Trichomania shampoo.

The Obstreperous Ms. J

Omniscient Minority
toni said:
I love perfume however I am very picky about what I wear. Right now I rotate between Light Blue and Victoria Secret's Heavenly.

I have noticed one huge difference between the two, MEN LOVE HEAVENLY. It is amazing, no matter where I go, when I wear it a man will say wow you smell really good. :wubu:

Light Blue has a total opposite effect. When I get compliments on it, it is always from a woman. Personally I like the smell of Light Blue better.

So my question to the ladies is what scent makes you feel the sexiest? What scent draws the men to you?

I am dying to know!

Well Toni, I love certain scents on me, I usually stay with:
1.Hermes: 24, Rue Faubourg
2.Chanel: Chance
3.A French body mist:Bourbon Vanille
My old boyfriend would always comment on the Bourbon Vanille.
As to what I like on men; well, I can tell you that Aqua Di Gio is HOTTT!!!
I mean, I smelled it on this old guy at the Barnes and Noble and I was about to lose it :p

TheSadeianLinguist

Coin-Operated
Personally, I'll take my cheap, light body sprays. I've got the same stink problem as Lilly. Right now I've got a raspberry vanilla spray that's great.

Call me weird, but while I like someone to be clean and not gassy, I like the smell of regular human skin: slightly earthy, warm.

SailDude

Sandie_Zitkus said:
I love:

any vanilla cologne
Anais Anais

On men there is only one I like:

Grey Flannel
Hey I have Grey Flannel and I love it! One of my other faves is VSOP by Paul Sebastian.
And to me there is nothing more sexy that a slightly sweet scented BBW....

Jes

is oddly aroused
I have an irrational love of good laundry detergent (Tide powder, Gain int he bottle). I get tingly walking past public laundromats. I'm ALL about it. And so I like smelling like nice soap.

the closest perfume I"ve found to that is Pleasures, by Estee Lauder. It really does have a 'fresh laundry' type smell, at least on me.

I don't like, nor do I feel I can wear, dark or heavy scents (Shalimar, etc.). I just don't think blondes can, personally.

Donna

a not-so-wise Crone
I wear either White Shoulders (when I am feeling old fashioned and romantic) or Tommy Girl (when I am feeling sassy.)

Carol W.

My all-time favorite fragrance for myself was Perfumer's Workshop's Tea Rose. It really did smell like an old fashioned rose garden and had excellent staying properties. It was my signature fragrance for years and I was highly identified with it! A few years ago, my (ultra-sensitive) skin developed an allergy to it, and to all other perfumes as well, so I had to stop wearing Tea Rose, and let me tell you, I miss it.

Now I wear Crabtree and Evelyn's Rosewater; it has the same fragrance as the Tea Rose but is MUCH lighter (which is why my skin tolerates it, I guess) and has almost no lingering power. The only one who really smells it is me, but I seem to need that rose fragrance to feel really dressed up!

As for guys, I like Gray Flannel, too. Polo is also nice.

Perfumes I could never wear because they were too overpowering: Shalimar, Poison, and Obsession. They just didn't like me!

toni

In the know
onecurvybabe said:
lol...I just went out and bought Victoria's Secret Heavenly..yummy!!! It is nice!!
Let me know if you get a reaction when you wear it ;)

ValentineBBW

seeking Vegas
Jes said:
I have an irrational love of good laundry detergent (Tide powder, Gain int he bottle). I get tingly walking past public laundromats. I'm ALL about it. And so I like smelling like nice soap.

the closest perfume I"ve found to that is Pleasures, by Estee Lauder. It really does have a 'fresh laundry' type smell, at least on me.

I don't like, nor do I feel I can wear, dark or heavy scents (Shalimar, etc.). I just don't think blondes can, personally.

If you like the smell of soap you might like Philosophy's Pure Grace perfume. They describe as smelling like soap and water, just out of the shower.

My fave scents are:

Blue by Ralph Lauren
Memoirs of a Geisha - Bath and Body Works
Falling in Love - Philosophy
Shalimar
anything Vanilla

On guys -- its been awhile but I still like Drakkar -- do they even make that anymore?

KerrieKat

SailDude said:
Hey I have Grey Flannel and I love it! One of my other faves is VSOP by Paul Sebastian.
And to me there is nothing more sexy that a slightly sweet scented BBW....

Oh I have to agree with the Grey Flannel on a man. That cologne smells so awesome!

HappyFatChick

I forgot Hanae Mori and Mont Blanc (both for women).
OMG!! Everytime I wear either, everyone tells me I smell good.

Tina

Older and wiser now
I have that happen with Alfred Sung's Forever. Guys seem to love it.

Oooh, I love Tommy Girl, Donna, and also Pleasures. In the winter I like to wear Cinnabar some times.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Boteroesque Babe said:
I like smelling like a bar of soap. Same for men. Though I do miss Albert Nipon. Which smelled like a bar of soap.

Also love Lush's "Butterball" bath bomb. Clean and powdery smelling, with a smidge of Ylang Ylang. And their coconutty Trichomania shampoo.
Are you talking 99.99 3/4 Ivory bar of soap, or a deodorant soap like Irish Spring, or Safeguard... or just a clean fresh scent like White Sheets on a Clothesline?

HappyFatChick

When you wear a scent and lots of people tell you that you smell wonderful, that's when you know you have found your "trademark" scent. The one that works best on you. Of course it's still fun to experiment with others, but it's good to have the old stand-by. I am loyal for about a year and then need some variety.

Boteroesque Babe

All cookies cleared!
Fuzzy said:
Are you talking 99.99 3/4 Ivory bar of soap, or a deodorant soap like Irish Spring, or Safeguard... or just a clean fresh scent like White Sheets on a Clothesline?
If White Sheets on a Clothesline is a bottled fragrance, I'm unfamiliar with it, Fuzz. Fan of the real thing, though. Soapwise, I haven't smelled one yet that's offended me. I especially love the scent of Safeguard. How's that for romance?

Perhaps I should learn to translate 'safeguard' into French.

herin

wait...what?
I wear Pleasures by Estee Lauder (sp?). I also like Calgon's Hawaian Ginger body spray.

EvilPrincess

HappyFatChick said:
When you wear a scent and lots of people tell you that you smell wonderful, that's when you know you have found your "trademark" scent. The one that works best on you. Of course it's still fun to experiment with others, but it's good to have the old stand-by. I am loyal for about a year and then need some variety.
wow thanks, great information,

Latest posts