• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Shopping tips for Boston / NH?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Global Moderator
Library Mod
We're going to visit friends in Boston next week (driving down through NH on the way there). It is always nice to hit up some different stores (for stuff for my wife) than we have in Canada while down there. There is Lane Bryant, obviously. My wife used to often find things that worked for her in Fashion Bug Plus, but that chain is apparently gone the way of the dodo? So I was wondering if there are others stores that have stepped into that gap (we are just looking at size 16/18 in plus sizes, so potentially even stores that have extended their size range might work, although often the fit and or sizing in those places can be a bit odd). (just looking for casual clothes, especially shorts and the currently elusive mono-coloured, v-neck, cotton t-shirt)

One particular question is if anyone knows if there are any brick and mortar Eddie Bauer stores in that area that carry their plus sizes? They don’t say that their plus sizes are web only, but the web site also doesn’t indicate which stores carry into the larger sizes, and none of the stores we’ve checked up here carry them (When I’ve been in Eddie Bauer my wife has seen some things that she thought looked like they would be OK on her, but in their sizing she’d probably be an 18 and they don’t carry that).

Also a quick web search found an Dr. Martens store in the back bay area of Boston—anyone know if it is actually a good spot for Docs, or if somewhere else has a better selection? I’m in the market to try and replace the super-comfy ones that I wore to death, and all I can find up here are subtle torture devices disguised as shoes. So I’m thinking just looking somewhere with a big selection would improve my odds.

Latest posts

Back