• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Stuck in a fashion rut

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wistful

I'm beginning to realize that I've fallen into a bit of a rut fashion wise.For a long time now, all I've been wearing is different versions of the same outfit over and over again...a slightly oversized button-up shirt with a collar,a tank underneath and a pair of black sorta flowy pants(I haven't worn anything but black on bottom in at least a decade).There are some variations on this outfit depending on the season.In the fall and winter I often trade the button-up shirt for a cardigan and come late spring/summer the shirts will often be short sleeved and linen or a lighter cotton/gauze.

I admit that in large part I dress like this because I believe these outfits to be the most flattering and I'm not going to lie,"slimming" to my supersized body.I'm very self-conscious about showing any flesh and I always like to present as smooth a silhouette as possible thus I never wear clothing that's in any way clingy or the least bit revealing.I once had a friend jokingly refer to me as a master of the art of concealment and while she was teasing me with love,there was alot of truth in her joke.

The thing is this..i'm starting to get sick of dressing this way *all* the time...At 34 I'm still fairly young but I tend not to dress it. However, I don't even know where to begin when it comes to changing my style.There are so many beautiful,well pulled together, supersized women here who are an inspiration to me fashion wise.I wish I had the confidence and the lack of self-conciousness to dress exactly as I please but I don't.

While it's true that my outfits tend to hide quite a few of my flaws, I also am beginning to realize that they don't show any of my possible assets either.Recently as a start I ordered a wrap shirt from igigi and while the shirt was beautiful and I liked it I just felt plain uncomfortable in something so fitted that didn't cover my tummy.I ended up giving the shirt away.

I guess I'm writing all this for two reasons...to let off some steam as well as to ask for possible advice on how to change my style in a way I'm comfortable with.I'm so glad this board is here!!

Latest posts

Back