• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Hypies are Here! It's Awards Day!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Beautiful Dreamer

ridiculously contented
[FONT=&quot]You know what this means, don’t you? Yeah … it means I’ve been moderating Hyde Park for FIVE years. Surely a record. It’s clearly time for either a medal or a straitjacket, maybe both.

There are days in HP when I would welcome a straitjacket … days when I want to put on my Mama Hat and wade in, suggesting a time out, or a meditation session, or possibly a large rubber mallet.

Most of the time, though, I love being den mother to all of you. You’re opinionated, noisy, (mostly) cheerful, and if no other part of my body gets much of a workout, you all make sure that my eye-rolling muscles are the strongest in three states.

So here’s to another year of … whoa, can I really use this descriptor? Yes! Yes, I can! … God, guns, and gays. And street protests, and pre-election action, and shenanigans. Please, for amusement value if nothing else, let’s not put a ceiling on ourselves. Keep posting, keep debating, and keep remembering that this forum, like these awards, is strictly for amusement value.

The faithful crowd has packed the bleachers and the infield as the sharpwits and halfwits, and even the no-wits, gather for the (wait for it) FIFTH Annual Hypies. The Hyde Park Awards are presented herewith in a serious spirit of tongue in cheek. (Note: with use of he/she, I go strictly by profile photo.) [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Best hoarding of paragraphs: To Yakatori, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]who on at least one occasion (since the memory of man runneth not to the contrary) actually posted a threadwall in Latin. That was you, wasn’t it?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Best use of R rating[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: To LilyBBW, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]for coining the description “big watery eyed stinking red herring,” which I plan to use at the next available funeral or possibly family reunion. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The One Trick Pony Award[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: To Superodalisque, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]for not one but two back-to-back thread starts with feature-length videos on closely related subjects. Bring on the popcorn![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The That Championship Season Award: To TonyNYC, for his unfettered optimism or possibly better drugs than the rest of us.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The That's No Leader, That's My Pet Rock Award: To Green Eyed Fairy, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]for always being the soul of brevity, if not of wit.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The Apocalypse Now Persistence Award: To Joswitch, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]who will take on any issue and debate it right into the ground. But always with nuance! We love nuance.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Best chiming in[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: To CleverBomb, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]who has something to say about virtually everything.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Most judicious: To Tad,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] who knows how to watch. And wait.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The CastingPearls Memorial Best Ears Award[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]: To Alicia Rose, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]who shows us that UNDER the rainbow may be a more desirable destination.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Lazarus Award[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: To Biodieselman, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]who it turns out wasn't dead after all. Sorry. But the funeral food was awesome. Superb comeback, baybee!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Little Sparkplug that Could Award[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: To Rojodi. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Outnumbered opinionators everywhere salute you.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Emoticon Award [/FONT][FONT=&quot]goes this year to Joswitch. Dude, give your forehead a break.

The What Color is the Sky in Your World Award: To Gangstadawg
for his steadfast sharing of his views from other realms.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Work From Home Award[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: to Tad, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]for bringing us his perspective from the overpiled desks of … um, Candians … everywhere.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And here’s the award you lovely winners receive:

And that’s all for us from the Doughnut Center in Needles, California! Tune in next year, and goodnight![/FONT]

View attachment doughnut trophy.jpg

Latest posts

Back