• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

"The soft bigotry of lazy abstraction"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I really liked this article: http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2015/05/pundits-baltimore?fsrc=nlw|newe|5-05-2015|

In essence it says that using current events simply to justify our point of view is "soft bigotry of lazy abstraction." As the column says

The details matter. When people are literally screaming to be heard, and pundits hear nothing but evidence to support preconceived ideas about what the real problem is, the commentary misses the point.

Good people of Hyde Park -- consider this a challenge. I admit that I don't and won't read every post in this forum, but for the next month, when I see someone forego the easy route of using an event to bolster their point of view, and instead providing useful thoughts and analysis, or even use it to lead to questions of their POV, I promise you rep (if there is a mass outbreak of this, I might get backlogged....that would be a nice problem to have!)

Latest posts

Back