Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I'm too scared to find out.

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

Munchausen

Dedicated Amateur
@MattB I would not have expected wall knocks to be the most common phenomena. Do they ever turn out to be anything relevant?

And thanks for the encouragement.

One house I lived in had a lot of quirks.
The windows were all just lopsided enough that they couldn't be opened.
There was a spot in the corner of my bedroom that would collect anything unattended, including my office chair.
There was a bedroom upstairs with a six foot ceiling for no apparent reason (the room just beside it had a full height ceiling, but only locked from the outside).
There was also a cubby with a cabinet-sized door with a padlock. Inside, it was carpeted and had a pull chain light. It was only about four feet deep and not even three feet tall, but it was ten feet across.
At night, it sounded like someone would occasionally walk around upstairs, even when no one was home.
I had to get up every night and turn off all the faucets, as they would somehow turn themselves on.
One morning when I was going to bed, I was facing away from my door when I heard it slowly creak open. I was alone in the house and I got a serious case of the heebie-jeebies. I heard dripping water. I couldn't bring myself to roll over and check it out. I fell asleep before it stopped.
The next day, there were what could have been wet footprints that lead to the bathroom.
They demolished the house after I moved out.

Donna

the book version is always better
@Donna what are your thoughts on energies anchoring themselves to objects or people?
In my opinion, yes. It's physics; energy is attracted to other energy. Every living thing puts out energy and like frequencies attract like frequencies. Thoughts and emotions have their own vibrational energies. A spirit or ghost is more likely to attach to a person than an object, in my experience. A pocket watch, or a houseplant, both put off energy, but nothing compared to the 7.5 HZ that we do.

Trauma and terror for instance create a crack in a person's energy field, creating a vulnerability that a lower form of energy can enter into and attach. In some instances it's a positive thing; people with an attachment can suddenly perform a skill they previously had no experience. Those you might not want to rid yourself of if the attachment isn't draining. However, if the energy is negative and/or draining, you should probably try to break the attachment.

@Munchausen are you concerned you have an attachment?

Dromond

Pleasantly abstruse.
I've spoken to my late wife a few times. I've also had another experience that is private. In general, I'm skeptical but not dismissive. If a person believes they've had an "encounter," who am I to say differently?

Tracyarts

I saw a couple of UFOs.

One night in the early 1990s me, my ex and a couple of his friends were out driving around late at night. We had been out and didn't want to go home yet. We decided to go to the beach. We got to the beach around one in the morning. This was the Gulf of Mexico in Texas, an undeveloped beach between Galveston and Surfside. So out in the middle of absolutely nowhere.

We parked his pickup truck facing away from the water, and he and I went and sat on the tailgate. His friends were in the cab of the truck talking about something going on with one of their lives, so we left them alone to talk in private.

It was a quiet clear night. My ex dozed off leaning against the bed of the truck. I was enjoying listening to the surf and looking at the lights on the offshore oil rigs out in the Gulf.

I noticed a couple of reddish lights moving together across the sky, very high up in the sky. One was slightly behind and below the other. They weren't blinking or flickering, and they were moving smoothly in a straight line.

They stopped and started moving independently of each other, in random geometric patterns. Very smooth and precise changes in direction, sharp turns, back tracking and zig zagging. If you've ever played Pong, the way the "ball" bounces off the slider is how they moved when they changed direction. No hesitation, just smooth quick changes in direction.

After a few minutes, they came back to their original positions, stopped, and went out like a light going out. No fading, just gone. They never came back, and I didn't tell my ex or his friends what I saw.

I have no idea what I saw, they were truly UFOs.

Donna

I’ve always operated under the assumption that most UFOs are visitors from other planets. It’s the height of hubris for us to believe we’re the only sentient life in the entire vastness of the universe.

What about cryptids, like BigFoot/Sasquatch/Yeti? The chupacabra? Moth Man?

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I have no proof or personal experience that would indicate Sasquatch are real, but, I think it's a possibility.

Donna

I used to think so, but I was hired to research Sasquatch for a podcaster and spent a couple of weeks immersed in the world of big, hairy monsters. (I would much rather spend time time with my big, hairy man, but I digress. ) So much of the proof is dubious, at best. I guess I do have a skeptics heart when it all comes down to it.

I have an off beat theory regarding the Moth Man. I think it's a Harpy Eagle that someone brought to the US from the rain forests and it got so big, they let it loose. Light hitting their eyes is going to glow red, not unlike all the descriptions of the harpy eagle.large-bird-harpy-eagle-fb20-png__700__700.jpg

Joker

I used to think so, but I was hired to research Sasquatch for a podcaster and spent a couple of weeks immersed in the world of big, hairy monsters. (I would much rather spend time time with my big, hairy man, but I digress. ) So much of the proof is dubious, at best. I guess I do have a skeptics heart when it all comes down to it.

I have an off beat theory regarding the Moth Man. I think it's a Harpy Eagle that someone brought to the US from the rain forests and it got so big, they let it loose. Light hitting their eyes is going to glow red, not unlike all the descriptions of the harpy eagle.View attachment 151361
About Bigfoot. I lived for may years in Montana and seeing a bear in the forest is what I believe Bigfoot is. I saw one once walk on 2 legs for quite a distance and then it dropped to 4 when it did it seemed to vanish in the under growth. If I had not had my eye on it I would have thought it went into thin air.

SSBHM

Driving down a road today when I saw black splotches dashing across the road without an apparent body. Off into the grass the splotches continued to go. About two to three feet apart. Black squirrel maybe that was very, very fast?

Joker

Driving down a road today when I saw black splotches dashing across the road without an apparent body. Off into the grass the splotches continued to go. About two to three feet apart. Black squirrel maybe that was very, very fast?
Those are Shadow Creatures. Very evil and not something to mess around with.

Rojodi

20220611_214028.jpg

A picture taken with a flip phone over 10 years ago. There's no way to fake it.
The house in which we live was my maternal grandparents' and they've let us know of their presences: grandma with the smell of percolated coffee, grandpa with unfiltered Camel cigs.

I have many, MANY, more stories.

Donna

Those are Shadow Creatures. Very evil and not something to mess around with.
But squirrel-sized? I’ve never experienced shadow creatures, but my impression is they’re people sized? Could they be what indigenous tribes call their elemental spirits? What the Appalachian transplants from Europe refer to as the Fae/ fairies?

Joker

But squirrel-sized? I’ve never experienced shadow creatures, but my impression is they’re people sized? Could they be what indigenous tribes call their elemental spirits? What the Appalachian transplants from Europe refer to as the Fae/ fairies?
Size is varied. We tend to remember the larger ones and the smaller ones mostly escape our attention.

Rojodi

The Jogah of Haudenosaunee legends are small people who throw rocks mostly, but I heard from aunties that they were mistaken for small shadowy ghosts. Spread some tobacco on the ground where you've seen them. That should appease them.

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
My family has always attracted weird occurrences and coincidences. To wit...

I found out last week my niece, who I haven't seen in years, became a real estate agent.

Cool.

Today, my sister sent me a pic of her new listing...

...and it's MY old house in Ottawa that I sold four years ago! My niece had no idea it was my old place. She had never visited us there.

So, not supernatural, but I'm pacing right now contemplating the odds of this happening.

Tracyarts

I saw something weird in the woods once.

I was camping with my ex (same guy whose house is where I had the weird paranormal experiences, and who I was with when I saw the strange zig-zagging lights in the sky). I honestly think that guy was some kind of magnet for the strange or something.

Anyway, we were camping with a group of friends on private land that bordered the Sam Houston National Forest. One of our friends' family owned the land and we camped there sometimes for fun because it was a cheap weekend activity and most of us were broke college students and 20-somethings.

Our tents were set up at the back of the cleared part of the property, just inside a barbed wire fence enclosing the area with a house, barn, wellhouse, and other outbuildings. Behind the fence was uncleared forest that eventually met the National Forest, with trees blazed to mark the boundary.

We were asleep and I woke up thinking someone was moving around in our campsite. Nobody was, but I felt like someone was out there. I was sleeping on an air mattress next to the back wall of the tent. There was a mesh window, we'd left the covers on all the windows open for air flow, so I could see out into the forest.

I noticed a completely dark human shape without any details off in the distance leaning slowly out from behind a tree, then slowly hiding back behind it. I watched it do this for a few minutes then woke up my ex and asked if he could see it. He said he saw something dark and upright run farther into the forest from the area I had pointed to, but that was all he saw.

He switched places with me on the air mattress and we went back to sleep. We didn't talk much about it afterwards because there wasn't much to discuss. We had just seen something kind of weird.

What did we see? A trick of light? Bigfoot? Shadow person? A poacher? A random creepy person roaming in the woods? This was at least a couple of miles from public hiking/camping areas of the forest. There were other private properties in the area, but not all that close.

Black bears have been sighted in the forest, but my ex said he saw something run off upright, and a bear can't do that.

It wasn't much of an experience, but it was still weird. There are lots of reports of weirdness from that forest.

About 20 years later my husband and I cut through some forestry service roads running through the forest for fun one day, to get from one town to another, and it felt kind of eerie out in there. It's a strange place. Not as strange as the Big Thicket, but strange.

Latest posts