• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

BOTH The Weight Loss Surgery Clinic - by Fat Molly (~BBW ~BHM ~~WG ~Eating)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat Molly

hufflepuff hobbit
~BBW, ~BHM, ~~WG, Eating - A woman applies for a job at a clinic that specializes in WLS

The Weight Loss Surgery Clinic
By Fat Molly

Part I

Eve was looking for a job.

Fresh out of nursing school, the perky young woman had eyes that would melt a Doberman's heart and a trifling amount of pudge around her middle.

Admittedly, she was not at all that interested in finding a real job. Most of her day was spent on the computer, reading and writing fan fiction. This she was reluctant to abandon for the sake of money.

It was at a point of critical reflection that she discovered that she was desperately un-ambitious. She'd not been a very great student, but she'd put it down to stupidity.

It had taken her years to admit to herself that she actually was exceptionally lazy.

In the midst of the depression ensuing from this self-discovery, she did still do her duty every morning to go out and buy a local paper and read the classifieds.

It just so happened that one day, there was actually an article of interest.

Many students who enter the medical field never consider one of the most popular usages of surgical skills in the nation: weight loss surgery. With the high numbers of obese persons in the United States who apply and receive medical attention for their ailment, nurses in the weight-loss industry could be a dime a dozen and still make a voluptuous profit. As the case is, however, so few people enter the field that the profit margins are absolutely enormous.

As surgeon Dr. Mark Smith told me during his lunch hour, “I get about 1000 patient applications a week from people of 300 lbs. and up. ( . . . ) I wish I had more nurses to help, but most people just don’t want to see piles of blubber on the operating table, so nurses are hard to find”.

There are distinct advantages to working in Dr. Smith's Clinic of Definite Improvement. You get unlimited health benefits, for one thing (a clever enticement into the unsavory industry) including cosmetic surgery. These health benefits include, ironically, do NOT include weight loss surgery, but all clinics universally provide a large employee discount, so no worries. Plus, as mentioned above, the pay is ridiculously good. In addition, some clinics even pay for basic cable services (TV, phone, internet) for their employees simply on a ‘because we’re nice’ basis! Not only that, but employees of some very productive clinics give away restaurant and grocery gift cards, even more frivolous awards such as certificates for videogame stores, concerts, and Japanese ping-pong tournaments.

However, there is a downside to the profession: most clinics do not give out gym memberships of any kind. This is a contributing factor to the fact that many of the nurses and doctors who work for Smith’s clinic, and multiple others across the nation, have a 90% chance of gaining a significant amount of weight. “Part of the problem,” divulges nurse Patty Blimp, “Is that you get lax about your diet. You look at these ridiculously fat people who come to the clinic and think, ‘wow, I’ll never be that bad’. But then before you know it, you’re applying for your employee discounted surgery.”

Dr. Smith acknowledges this circumstance, and indicates that it is a widespread dilemma. “I myself have gained 421 pounds since beginning this clinic in 1984” he states, patting his enormous belly to prove his assessment, “And I think once I finish this platter of fettucini alfredo from the Macaroni Grill (burp!) that number may grow. The whole thing is that it’s quite inconvenient...I can’t do
surgery on myself!”

Actually, there are probably more downsides to this profession than upsides, particularly because when you’re heavier, gravity is more inclined to force you down. But, if you’re into the idea of cleaving the potbellies of fat people, go for it.

Eve read the article. There was, of course, specific information underneath as to how to apply to be a nurse at the clinic, including an email address. With her resume already presentable, she could just zip it off and see if they would accept her.

She didn't really think she'd get the job. It amused her, the idea of the 90% of similar clinic employees gaining a significant amount of weight, but she saw no reason for that to deter her. It had to be media exaggeration.

So, she did it.

And the next day, they replied to ask for an interview.

To be continued!

Latest posts

Back