• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Weight of Justice - by JP. (XXWG, SSBBW)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP.

XXWG, SSBBW- A judge gives out a very heavy sentance.

Hi all, had a sudden inspiration to write. Enjoy.

The Weight of Justice
By JP.

"All rise as the judge enters the court room, the right honorable Judge Haley Morton presiding!" announced the bailiff as the rather sleepy ensemble of courtroom attendees stood for the early morning case. Judge Haley entered, her long black flowing robes combined with her severe and conservative hairstyle and rather pinched features starting to show the signs of age was known to make hardened criminals blanch. She walked the steps to her high seated bench and picked up her gavel and gave it two jarring whacks to get the attention of the court.

"Be seated." intoned the bailiff as the Judge began to leaf through papers on her desk, ignoring the slim young woman currently seated in the defendant's chair with a uniformed deputy seated next to her. Moments later a disheveled man looking like he got dressed in the taxi that brought him to the court shuffled up to sit next to her. Judge Haley's eyes were drawn from her paper work to stare daggers at him as his entrance disturbed her train of thought. After some tense moments she returned to her papers and he began murmuring to the defendant.

"No! I was going to! But I just..." the man motioned for her to be more quiet. "I was going to, but I had so much to do."

"How did you...why are you here now?" asked the attorney.

"I was pulled over for a missed stop sign, and the deputy" she pointed a thumb back at the officer sitting next to her "noticed the judgment from before and brought me here." the attorney winced. "Is that bad?"

At the table opposite the defendant the District Attorney had some files in front of him that he'd glanced through but seemed rather confident in comparison to his counterpart. Sitting in the audience chairs behind him were a small assemblage that ranged from journalists to a few individuals who looked like scientists.

Finally Judge Haley looked up from her paperwork and addressed the attorneys. "Let the record show this is a post sentencing trial, with special circumstances attached. The defendant has already been found guilty and sentenced in a previous case. The defendant will rise and state her name and if she has council for these proceedings." the judge announced with practiced formality. The woman looked at her attorney and then both stood up.

"Janine Melner your honor. I have council." she gestured to the disheveled man who was straightening his tie and collar.

"Henry Royce for the defense your honor." he said with a rasp which earned a scowl from the judge. He cleared his throat and repeated himself.

"Let the record show that the defendant has appeared in court after..." Judge Haley picked up her sheet "an arrest for a traffic violation. Deputy Kevin Latner is the arresting officer after noticing her open sentence with special circumstances. Thank you Deputy." the Judge said as the man stood up. "You may leave now, your prisoner is in our hands." The Deputy nodded and stepped around the table to take a seat in the audience. "Is the District Attorney ready to proceed?"

The man sitting opposite Janine stood up with more composure than the defense. "Nick Grant, your honor. The state is ready to proceed at your pleasure."

"Then let us proceed." said the judge as she put down the sheets she was reading. She glared at Janine several moments before speaking again. "Janine step around the table and approach the bench." she commanded. Her attorney pursed his lips and stood up to allow her to come around. She was dressed in a simple pants suit with a matching jacket and had slept in those clothes since her arrest the night before. She looked to be in her late 20s with blond hair and a very attractive face. The judge regarded her with a critical eye. "Henry, take her jacket." Janine hesitated a moment which caused one of the judge's eyebrows to rise, before she took off the jacket and handed it to Henry. The tailored blouse clung to her slim frame with barely any curves to it. The judge put on a pair of glasses and regarded her some more, then making a twirling motion with her finger, indicating that Janine should turn around. With growing discomfort she did a slow turn to her right until she once again faced the judge. The judge sighed in some annoyance as she took off her glasses.

"You may return to your seat Janine." said the judge as she shuffled papers again, gathering the previous documents and sorting to the one she wanted. She read it briefly and returned her gaze to the now seated Janine. "I must say Janine, I expected to see more of you, I'm quite disappointed." while Janine seemed to be sinking into her chair Henry stood up.

"Your honor, I'm not aware of any missed appearances by my client."

"There's a lot you're not aware of." the judge noted. Nick handed over a sheet of paper to Henry. "You're not the council of record from her previous case Mr. Royce. Your client was given special circumstances for her sentencing, the details are on the sheet. You've been retained to see to her protection in court this day."

"Yes...your honor..." he mumbled as he read the sheet, his face growing more alarmed as he looked to Janine then back to the sheet and back to Janine. "Your honor...this is...I...highly irregular I guess is the words I'd use." he said as he struggled to express his dismay with respect to the severe judge.

"It is...and was sustained in appeal." noted the judge.

"Your honor...this judgment says that my client was supposed to...gain...100 pounds by..." he checked his watch. "Wednesday of next week!"

"Actually your honor, it stipulates that she was to gain a minimum of 100 pounds and she had six months to do so, once the appeal was sustained." corrected Mr. Grant bringing a nod of agreement from the judge. At the revelation of the previous sentence, the sleepy courtroom began to perk up, the journalists typing quietly into their portable computers.

"That's correct. So you can imagine my surprise to see you this way Janine. I believe the arresting officer processed you according to standard procedures?" she asked aloud. The bailiff gestured to the deputy who stood up. "Is that correct then deputy? Was she weighed?"

"Yes your honor. I filed her weight and height in the arresting report." Mr. Grant handed the sheet to the bailiff who brought it to the judge. The deputy took his seat again as Judge Haley read the report.

"My, my...what a surprise. At the time of sentencing you weighed in at 123 pounds, today you're in my court a trim 118 pounds. Instead of weighing at least 223 pounds you've lost weight." she put the report down in disdain.

"Your honor! I have to ask, what kind of crime was she convicted of that would require such an...unusual sentence?" demanded Mr. Royce.

"Your honor, if it pleases the court, may I remind the defense council that these proceedings are about the sentencing, not the crime. Sentencing that withstood appeal I might add. A sentence that your honor applied herself to the prisoner. If Mr. Royce wishes he can read the public record on his own time of the case in question. As for now, the state respectfully asks that we continue with the proceedings."

"I agree." said the judge. "Your motion for disclosure is denied. Proceed Mr. Grant."

"Your honor the issue at hand is obvious, Miss Melner had no intention of completing her sentence even after retaining effective council in both her original case and the appeal. She had six months to put on 100 pounds, we see her a week away from the deadline and she's actually lighter. She has foregone your honor’s judgment and in fact mercy, considering the crime committed, and is flaunting justice. I believe an example must be made."

"Uh...we have not yet established that Miss Melner was fleeing the sentence..." began Mr. Royce.

"Your honor please...it's obvious she had no intention of following through with this sentence. Or was she going to somehow put on the weight in the next six days?"

"I agree." noted the Judge. "What does the state wish to add as an enhancement?"

Henry and Janine's eyes were wide with shock at how fast this was spiraling out of control.

"Your honor, I'd suggest that for starters we no longer allow Miss Melner to have a hand in the sentence. We gave her the opportunity to perform her service on her own and she's wasted that. The state is ready to compel at this point."

"What are you going to do?! Tie me down and force feed me!" Janine suddenly shouted. Judge Haley's gavel was banging an instant later.

"Councilor! You will instruct your client to speak when directed! Let the record show that this outburst will be added to any enhancements for the sentence!"

The DA seemed pleased at the judge's decision and he took a moment to confer with the men behind him. After a few moments of conversation he turned to the court again.

"Your honor...in light of the sentence and the defendant's continued obstinance, we feel that even an expedited gain of 100 pounds is not in the interest of justice." the judge raised her eyebrow at that statement. Both Janine and Mr. Royce seemed a bit relieved at that.

"No your honor, justice is served by a more considerable and putative gain. The State recommends 500 pounds." the audience in the court was on their feet at the number and the crowd had grown larger at the unusual proceeding. Mr. Royce and Janine were also on their feet.

"Your honor this is...!" began Mr. Royce.

"Fucking outrageous!" shouted Janine. The gavel banged on the desk hard enough to pound nails, its sharp crack resounding through the court room over the outraged voices of the defendant and her counsel.

"You are now in contempt of court!" announced the judge as she rose to her feet still banging on the gavel.

"500 pounds?! You guys are fucking insane!" Janine continued to shout even as the bailiff hurried to her side and grabbed her arms as it looked like she might actually flee.

"Restrain her! Janine you have now added a second count of contempt! I suggest you sit down and shut up!"

"Insane!" Janine muttered as she was sitting with the bailiff's help, who then stayed at her side.

"That is a third count of contempt Miss Melner now. You're making this much easier for me and much harder on yourself."

The DA was in conference the entire time of the outburst with the individuals behind him who were eagerly talking to him in hushed voices. When Janine and the court was quiet again he adjusted his tie and began again.

"In light of the recent events and the obvious contempt the defendant has for these proceedings, the State would like to amend its earlier recommendation."

Judge Haley nodded. "I thought you might. Proceed."

"We would like to make it 500 pounds for the original sentence enhancement, plus the 100 pounds originally required..."

"600!" shouted Janine again, the bailiff immediately held her to the seat to prevent her from rising.

"That's it! Janine Melner you have now four counts of contempt of court! I will not allow you to make a shambles of this court! Bailiff! Silence the defendant! Be happy I don't allow you to keep making it worse for yourself!" the bailiff reached for a device at his belt, it looked like a miniature flashlight and its end glowed as he thumbed a button and then pressed the glowing end to her neck. Janine's protests were immediately cut off and the bailiff then proceeded to handcuff her as well.

"Mr. Grant!" snapped the judge. The DA had again been conferring with the men behind him but immediately turned around. "Continue!"

'Yes your honor! As I was saying, 500 pounds plus the original 100 pounds for the sentence. It's not my place to offer advice on how your honor should proceed with the contempt charges, but I feel it is my duty to present a suggestion. If we may have a sidebar your honor?"

"Objection!" announced Mr. Royce. He had been doing what he could to prevent his client from acting out again and only just heard the unusual request. "The DA himself said he has no business instructing the judge on the contempt charges!"

"Mr. Grant, what is it your intending?" asked the judge who was obviously intrigued by what the DA had in mind.

"Your honor the state merely wishes to avail you of the expertise it has brought to bear in this case regarding the punishment of the client. Your honor should be fully informed of the additional options regarding this special sentence."

"I'll hear from the DA and the additional council you brought." said Judge Haley after a moment's consideration. Mr. Grant turned to the assembled group and pointed to the one who seemed in charge and gathered up his own papers. Mr. Royce also stood up and prepared to join them. "Where are you going Mr. Royce?" asked Judge Haley.

"To...to the sidebar your honor." he responded in some confusion.

"You're not needed for this. Remain with your client and provide her council. I'd suggest you advise her that she should avoid further contempt charges." said the judge as she picked up her gavel and banged it. "Sidebar, we'll reconvene in ten minutes." The judge stood to leave while the DA and the assistant from the team waited.

"All rise as the judge leaves the court!" announced the bailiff as Judge Haley left followed moments later by the DA and the other man.

Ten minutes later the court was rejoined and all could see that the DA and the Judge seemed rather pleased, though the judge was trying to conceal it more.

"Rise Miss Melner." she paused as she allowed the defendant and her council stand up. "You have already been found guilty. Now you have been found guilty in neglecting and even avoiding the sentence that was given to you and sustained in appeal. Further you have sought to undermine not only that sentence, but my authority within this court by your obstinance and disruptions. Your sentence will be enhanced and applied immediately."

Latest posts

Back