• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

To Authors: A Story Type We Need More of

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
In a thread in the Lounge Forum I responded to a comment by acknowledging the need for a certain type of weight related story that we don’t see much of.

I am now reposting excerpts here – hopefully for use by would be authors:

From the initial post:

My impression is that the library/story areas are for men. FAs, and a certain type of FAs only. I'd be more interested in stories that focused on empowering fat women (and men), stories of love that didn't obsessively revolve around the woman's size. Sex that didn't focus solely on her fat rolls. I can have a sense of humor about a mistreated female employee sitting on a nasty boss, but when it's all about the size of her ass over and over... no thanks. The stories I might read just aren't there, from what I've seen.

From my response:

Ours is actually a weight related story library. It is not restricted to weight gain tales. Our problem is that few submissions are weight related without gaining being a major focus. There are of course exceptions - here and here are two examples of poems with not a word of weight gain in them.. But they are rare. It would be great to have more.

It is also true that many tales are arguably objectifying, but that (IMHO) is a relative term. We now have an entire forum of equally objectifying BHM tales as well. The feedee and fetish genres today have their own archival forum; the same is true of erotica and magic/fantasy. No single archive dominates the collection.

As the new health forum gets going its my hope that we will see stories about successful quests to mix size and health. I've introduced gym exercise scenes into my latest effort to point up that fitness andfatness aren't exclusive terms. In past tales I've had characters of size who make a point of advocating sensible nutrition. Hopefully other authors will on occasion include such ideas.

Another area I would like to see more of is BBW/BHM success stories in terms of lifestyle: jobs, family acceptance, etc. But it takes a unique ability to write that kind of story - its best done by those with the experience of having lived or witnessed what they're writing about.

Latest posts

Back