• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Vince's Spaghetti Sauce. Unusual but yummy!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vince

I posted this recipe on Dimensions years ago but I don't think anyone actually was brave enough to try it. Maybe this time some might and be surprized at how yummy this sauce is. Almost everyone who has tasted it has really enjoyed it. It is the best spaghetti sauce that I have tasted. Read on and be intrigued or amused. Discard your notions of what works and accept that this is a tried and tested treat.

Ingredients:

1. 2 pounds leanest beef mince.
2. 1 pound lean beef strips or chunks.
3. 1 large white or brown onion or 2 medium onions.
4. 1 large can of peaches or fruit cocktail in syrup.
5. Sour Cream, not the light one.
6. 1 large jar of prepared spaghetti sauce.
7. Oregano, Basil, Pepper, Salt, Curry powder.
8. Fettuchini.
9. Olive oil.
10. Butter.
11. Jar of sundried tomatoes.
12. Tomato paste.
13. Large can of pulped tomatoes.

You will need a large container with a lid that can be put into a hot oven. A ceramic pot or one of those French cast iron pots is ideal.

Here we go! Put the jar of spaghetti sauce in the pot and place on top of the stove over a medium heat and stir to prevent sticking. Add the tomato pulp. You can also add the tomato paste and sundried tomatoes. It might be best to cut the sundried tomatoes up into very small pieces. If you buy a larger jar of the sundried tomatoes then add perhaps a third or half to the sauce. You could blend if you have a food processor.

In a large frypan put the lean mince and cook until brown. You can use a bit of olive oil if you like. Sprinkle with some curry powder. When done put into the pot with the spaghetti sauce.

Cut the lean beef into very small pieces, too. Say 1/2 inch long. Cook in frying pan with a bit of olive oil and add curry powder. Just a sprinkle will do. When brown add to large pot of sauce but do not add any liquid.

Chop up the onion into really small pieces then brown in butter or olive oil. When cooked add to big pot and stir.

Put the peaches or fruit cocktail in a blender and blend until smooth. Remove and add to pot of sauce.

Stir the sauce for about 10 or 15 minutes and warm up the oven to 400. Remove the pot and put the cover on then put pot in the oven.

Let the sauce bake for at least 15 minutes then remove and place on top of the stove. If oil has accumulated on the surface remove with a tablespoon. Stir the sauce. Add about 3 or 4 large tablespoons of sour cream. Also add the flavouring. I like crushed black pepper. Then Oregano and Basil to give it the authentic Italian flavour. The sour cream takes away the tomato taste while the fruit adds sweetness. No one has ever been able to taste the fruit after it is baked. Cover and replace in oven.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and remove and place on stove top. Remove the oil again then stir the sauce thoroughly. Taste and add more spices and sour cream if required. Salt if necessary. Return to oven.

Repeat the 15 - 20 minute bakes for about an hour. Perhaps longer will be better. The idea is to bake until the meat is tender and that might take up to 2 hours to do properly. You can reduce the heat slightly in the final baking process. When you are almost ready get the fettuchini and prepare as follows. It is okay to use spaghetti if you like. Cut or break the pasta into pieces no longer than 2 inches long. I so hate watching people eat long spaghetti or pasta. Cut it into small pieces and no one has trouble eating this meal. I prefer the fettuchini that is found in the refrigerated section at the supermarket. It is usually found in paper trays and wrapped in plastic film.

It is important to bake the sauce. When the pasta is cooked remove and drain the water. Then put in a colander and rinse under very hot water to take away the starchy taste. Put the pasta in the large frying pan that has been washed in the mean time. Put on a low heat and add some butter to prevent the pasta from sticking. Stir frequently. Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes. The idea of cooking is to simulate the taste of pasta that seems to taste better the next day!

Serve with an Italian or Garden salad. Provide an Italian bread if you wish. A glass of wine will make this meal even better. Enjoy!

This recipe evolved over many years. When I was a kid my mum would cook spaghetti and the sauce was so awful I would eat the pasta with butter and no sauce! Well, with margarine in those days! I got around to cooking a sauce but never enjoyed them until I started adding things. The Oregano and Basil are necessary spices. The sour cream and fruit are necessary for the Vince sauce to give it that special flavour. The sundried tomatos are optional but give it a richer flavour. After you have tasted this sauce you will be convinced that baking is a great way to cook spaghetti sauce.

The portions are generous so suit perhaps 6 to 8 people. The leftover sauce stores easily and can be frozen or placed in the refrigerator to be enjoyed later.

Latest posts

Back