• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

What happens when people don't understand the law that they are voting for...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KittyKitten

Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy
So in my state of North Carolina, the people have voted in support of Amendment I. Most voters believed the law was solely against gay marriage. Oooo, 'the gays'. However, 46% of the voters did not realize that the law also bans civil unions. Most North Carolinian voters are in support of civil unions. There's already a law that bans gay marriage anyway in NC, but this takes it a step further.

I'm sure most people didn't know that the law will also effect heterosexual partnerships. The children of unmarried parents who rely on one parent for health insurance will no longer be covered. Unmarried victims of domestic assault will no longer be able to press domestic assault charges on their partner, since that means that the government has to recognize their union. I am proud of my county for voting overwhelming against this amendment. The amendment opponents outspent the supporters, however, voters made the final decision. The more progress one makes, the more someone decides to kick your ass backwards.

Also, I never understood why gays are made such a scapegoat when so many straight people are divorcing, cheating, and just not respecting the institution of marriage (hello, Newt). It seems so silly to me. This is an example of serious problems occurring when people don't know what the hell they are voting for....

Read on:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/amendment-one-north-carolina-anti-gay-marriage-measure-passes/

Latest posts

Back