• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

WHY do you like the music you like?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littleghost

Oh, Frickenstein.
It can be a silly or deeply thought-out reason, but "Evrythng else sux." is not acceptable.

A friend and I were discussing this not long ago, and he wanted to know why I didn't like most rap. (Country was a non issue, as he wasn't fond of it either.) His creed for music was fast, loud, exciting, that sort of thing. We both agree that each's taste is interesting, and mostly overlap.
I wasn't entirely sure why I didn't like most rap, but I knew there actually was a reason. He contended that I was racist, which we both knew was bull$#!t, but he has a habit of jerking my chain for fun. Missing the point but joking anyways, I said that I loved jazz and blues, but he didn't, maybe he was racist? He replied that they were slow, therefore boring. I said that their vocals made them fun for me. He said that his thing was percussion, which was why he liked rap; their vocals were like a human drum.
At this point, I nearly slapped him on the back, but because we were facing each other, I couldn't, and it looked like I was just plain gonna smack him. The reason was that his statement made me realize something.
All the music I like is because of melody and hopefully harmony too. I have thing for strange singers that either have a distinctive voice or odd style of singing. Which I now know is because I appreciate human instruments too, just on the other extreme of his 'percussion'. That's the reason I like the 'odder' rappers like Outkast and ODB.

'Cause knowledge is power!
--Littleghost

Latest posts

Back