• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Yeah, a rant. Are we real or not?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainahblue

I'm highly aggravated, so rather than search to see if my rant will fit in another thread, I'll just create one.

Today during my bikini hunt online, a well-meaning friend sent me a link to a website that allows shoppers to create "Virtual models of all sizes." I was skeptical, but thought I'd give it a shot. I was delighted to see that I could manually enter my virtual self's weight and I could select her height.
Great!
So I entered my stats: 5'2, 225. I even gave her almond shaped eyes, dark hair, and adjusted her skin tone.
Awesome!
Eager to see a mini-me onscreen I clicked "continue" only to recieve this message:

"We're sorry.
You cannot create a model with height and weight combination you have entered...."

That made me angry. The stupid site carries my size (18), so why can't I create a virtual me to see how the swimsuits would look? Are they saying that I can't exist? My fat ass sure feels real.

This possibly irked me so much because today Sandie S_R posted this kick-ass introspection in a different thread:

Do you see anyone over a size 20??

I didn't.

So how is that supposed to make supersized women feel?

You're a "real woman" up to a certain size...but over that?

What then??

Is that what people think? That "real women" are "pleasantly plump" not actually fat? You're welcome to celebrate your tummy until it becomes a gut?

This is what "I" look like - the closest I could get:
Proper weight, wrong height.
CAAWOIDP.jpg

Proper height, wrong weight:
what.jpg

:doh: Those don't look anything like my body type - not even close. I think I'm so far beyond being "grateful" for fat girl stuff that I can't even appreciate an attempt to recognize us as normal people who happen to swim during summer. Years ago, I would've been excited that the model was at least bigger than normal, but not anymore.
:( Perhaps this is bitterness.​

Back