• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Yet another thread about cars for large folks

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMNYC

Howdy---

I posted a few months about this---

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20042

now I'm just getting around to putting it together...

For an article in the NY Daily News' YOUR DRIVE section to appear either Tuesday July 31 or Tuesday August 7, I need people who live in and around New York City--NJ and CT are ok, too---willing to use first and last names, ages and towns to talk about their challenges and solutions with regard to finding cars that accomodate their larger size. I emailed a couple of people who'd responded to that thread and, for one reason or another, they didn't want first and last names and towns in the article. So I'm trying again on the boards rather than emailing individuals.

Looking for both applause and raspberries, and personality personality personality. If you want to let a particularly boneheaded automaker have it between the eyes, fine. If you want to give props, fine, too. Interesting and funny and full of fire is what I'm looking for.

The article will not mention scale numbers, and the accompanying photo will just show the car---unless you've got a particularly good photo you want to send for consideration of you and your wheels. I'm trying to do this with taste, and avoid drawing the typical idiot responses one can get when writing about the needs of the horizontally blessed.

If you want to reply here and you can meet the above conditions, please do, otherwise send me an email at

[email protected]

www.JoshMax.com

Thanks 2 all. xoxoxox :)

To update the curious...

Julie and I are having a fab summer--last summer was dominated by moving my mother out of the house she'd lived in since 1964, followed by the sudden and completely unexpected death of my father on July 17---so this summer is kick ass just by comparison. We're making lots of music, selling CDs, drivin' lots of cars, motorcycles and SUVs, meeting deadlines, appearing live a couple of times a month on the Martha Stewart Living Radio show's "Cocktail Hour" and getting smashed by the end, hanging out with friends, and I'm training for a September triathlon---1/2 mile swim, 13-mile bike ride and 3 mile run, to benefit the American Lung Association of NYC, so that's dominating my life a little. (I only THOUGHT I knew how to swim!) Got a kid's book I'm working on called "Harold Hits the Ceiling" co-written with my 83-year-old mom. All is phat. The below horse's name is Moe.

View attachment JM horsie close 7-07 DIM DIM.jpg

Latest posts

Back