• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

2011 Dimensions Bash - Moving Forward

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherBBW

Nerd-like.
DimensionsModel
I've closed the poll thread and started this thread so we can move forward fresh with the information below.

I know many of you feel strongly about the location and I totally understand. I actually have personal preferences as to where I'd like it to be myself as an attendee. I can assure you, that just as AnnMarie said, my personal preference isn't to have it in my backyard either.

I feel it's important to remind you all that I need your support even if your first choice wasn't chosen. I need to do what's best for the bash so that it can continue to be a success for years to come. Once we establish a following of folks who just can't live without their yearly fix of fatties and friends - then we can go anywhere we'd like and people will follow.

So I hope everyone understands and respects whatever decisions we have to make as a staff to move towards meeting those goals.

Most importantly, I want people who have shared in this post that your thoughts and input have NOT been taken into consideration and those ideas/thoughts will be considered as we move forward this year and in future years.

So as it stands, the best information as an update that I can offer now is the following:

1. I'm looking at June 9th to 13th and June 16th to 20th.
2. If I cannot find availability for June, I will be looking at August 11th to 15th with September being the last choice.
3. The event will not be in the same location as last year.
4. The event will be in the Northeast.
5. Our search is now targeted within the following target areas:

A. Southern NJ Area
B. Philadelphia Area
C. Baltimore/DC/Arlington Area

Please note that the above places can be very "vacation-like" with local attractions/sights/itineraries that can be added into your Dims Bash vacation. Many people travel to these places all year round and being that most of them are coastal or near large bodies of water, they are also great spots for summer vacations too. Quite popular in fact.

In closing, I struggle with whether or not I should post where I've begun my search. By doing so, it will lead to lots of questions and/or excitement and I'm still VERY unsure that I'm even able to make it happen within our budget and needs as it's a very popular vacation area, especially in the summer. But I've decided to share as maybe there is someone out here that might be able to give me some inside information and help in order to put it together. So, with that being said, I'm working towards Atlantic City, NJ. I think it may be out of our reach, but it has many valuable assets that it would bring to making the Dimensions Bash comfortable, accessible, vacation-like and a success.

I don't want to be a broken record.. but one more time .. hehe...
I hope (need/beg) that you will support all that I've written above and continue to do so as we move forward. We need your support to drive all the hard work ahead of us to make Dimensions Bash 2010 just as good as last year and hopefully better!

Hugs,
Heather

Latest posts

Back