• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

A call telling me that they need to get into my computer to clean it up.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell Williams

I just received a call from someone who did not speak Hagerstown English but whom I could understand. He explained to me that he was calling from (I forget the name of the company) and that they had found that they were a lot of problems in my computer and their job was to go into my computer straightened out my problems.

I went to the computer and completely disconnected it from the Internet. I then told the person that I had recently run a virus checking program and that maybe all the problems were gone. The person at the other end told me that as we spoke (and with the computer disconnected from the Internet) they could see that I still had very serious problems that were going to cause the computer to totally crash.

He then slowly and carefully instructed me what buttons to push and what words to type in. I carefully followed all of his instructions. My computer, which was disconnected from the Internet, did not make the Internet connections he was anticipating. Finally he asked me if the computer was connected to the Internet. I told him it was not but that it made no difference because with the computer disconnected my computer and his were able to communicate and therefore there was no need for me to connect to the Internet. We went around and around about that for a while with him insisting I should connect to the Internet in my pointing out that he was able to check my computer out without any Internet connection. He kept saying you need to connect to the Internet and I kept telling him I obviously am already connected to you. We spent 10 or 15 minutes in this conversation and he was getting more and more angry at me while I repeatedly pointed out to him that since he been able to check out my computer while it was disconnected from the Internet that we already had an Internet connection and I did not need to plug my computer in any other way.

Finally he hung up on me

Since I'm on the "do not call" list, I suppose he can call them up and complain that he called up someone on the do not call list and they did not follow his instructions.

Latest posts

Back