• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

A Different Look at Homelessness

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blubberismanly

Basically New
Okay, I have to come clean here. I've had a, well...rough life. I spent most of my adolescence in and out of homes. I wasn't an orphan, just had a poor family. If we were lucky we could afford a hotel, but it was subject to the 28 day rule. Basically, we had to pay monthly rent if we lived there for over 28 days. So we'd either stay out or stay in another room for a day or so. Then there's the issue of finding cheaper accommodations. Moving in and out of hotels was common and irritating. Plus most of them required some sort of maid service, so there was no privacy and we had our stuff stolen plenty of times. From experience, I can assure you, it isn't easy or fun. And sometimes it costs just as much (if not more) than renting a room out of a house.

Sadly, I found out pretty quickly that a good number of long term motel dwellers are not the best citizens...one place I stayed harbored paroled criminals and drug addicts. Another had several people living on their 44-, worker's comp or something like that. And still another housed (obviously) illegals. And I met some very mentally ill people in just about all of them. So hotel society is usually on the lower end of the spectrum as far as social stigma goes. But there are those few who just can't afford anything else. One way of looking at it, bad as it seems, is as a step up from the street.

Here's the video I found, there are others like it on youtube, if you're interested:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=PY7GLSvAQaU

Oddly enough, it takes place in the same basic area I grew up, Orange County, CA. Ironic.

EDIT: I just remembered a time when the whole place was on lockdown for a week. Someone committed suicide and there was a police investigation going on. Yeah, it's a different world.

Back