Adding toppings to frozen pizza

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

TearInYourHand

Mistress Member
Hey guys,

How do you doctor up a frozen pizza? Lets hear ideas. I love to add fresh spinach, evoo, extra cheese!

Sometimes fresh mushrooms as well. And, always a ton of crushed red pepper flakes.

What's been your best creation?

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
I see a theme here... always extra cheese. Pepperoni, canadian bacon, italian sausage, whatever meat I have on hand.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
I saute fresh mushrooms in sliced garlic and butter with Italian herbs and add that as well as roasted garlic I've pre-made and jarred.

Marinated sun-dried tomatoes

Cured olives

Fresh salt-water mozzarella

Fresh basil

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
I see a theme here... always extra cheese. Pepperoni, canadian bacon, italian sausage, whatever meat I have on hand.
there's never enough cheese on a frozen pizza

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
it depends on who is eating. our pizzas tend to go by the eater combo. usually we keep it simple. i do 1/2 mushroom for hub and the other half i make with onion crunchies for me and the baby. she loves the little fried onion bits on hers. sometimes i will also add mushrooms to some of our half for me.

if my older daughter is home and in the mix, then we get 2 pizza and split them 50/50. hub will then either go mushroom/spinach/pesto or pepperoni/mushroom/extra cheese. he gets to make his with my older daughter, as i don't eat pork and don't like to eat pizza anyone has cooked pepperoni on. my older daughter will usually go chicken/peppers/onion/pineapple/spinach.

Jigen

It depends. I usuall take a margherita, the Most simple, and add cheese and several types of cured meat: prosciutto crudo, coppa, speck, mortadella. I know, it's not good for the liver, but once in a while it won't kill.:D
My favourites are speck and brie, which is a classic, and I add sometimes some mushrooms; Tomino, a small cheese with soft core which is fantastic if you warm it on a hot plate and melt it, and coppa piacentina, my favourite salume, with a little pinch of tabasco sauce. You cook the margherita, warm the Tomino as I Said and pour it on top of the pizza, and complete with the coppa.
You should add prosciutto and other cured meat in thin slices only when the pizza is ready to be served, otherwise they will become hard and extremely salty.

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
I made my own dough at home for the first time last week. It was really easy and came out excellent. For toppings (frozen pizza or otherwise) I usually hit up the olive bar at a good grocery store and pick what looks good and then some sausage or pepperoni and extra cheese plus some Parmigiano-Reggiano. I miss living close to NYC with all the good Italian pork store/deli places, real fresh mozzarella is impossible to find here.

Group builder