• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Amy’s Summer by the Observer (~BBW (Multiple), Relationships, Lesbians, Eating, ~MWG)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
~BBW (Multiple), Relationships, Lesbians, Eating, ~MWG – one girls odyssey becomes fulfillment with help from several sources

Amy’s Summer
by the Observer
(inspired as a spinoff, with permission, from A Kira by None)

Chapter One

Amy Ainge was happy – newly graduated and basically happy. She was either oblivious to or just unconcerned about her weight – a consequence of what had started as a trick during the last semester of school on her then-nemesis Kira. But the two since had made peace; Amy even invited her former adversary and her friends to her post-graduation party.

The reconciliation started when both girls wound up in daily detention for nearly 90 days by separately mouthing off to one of their instructors, Miss Saurkebi. The resourceful teacher had decided to use the pedagogic Kira as a tutor for the less intellectually inclined Amy rather than take measures which would go permanently on their academic records.

Amy had initially thought to continue tormenting the already hefty Kira by ridiculing her big lunches and demanding a portion, only to find Kira more than willing to share. Under the teacher’s watchful eye Amy’s grades actually improved as she’d been forced to emulate Kira’s study habits. She wound up not only passing Miss Saurkebi’s class but pulling up grades in others as well. However, something else had also occurred.

Within a few weeks Amy’s mooching off Kira had unleashed her own repressed appetite. Her willpower regarding calories had broken down and been replaced by a cycle of indulgence that hadn’t stopped. All on her own she had begun packing on pounds as she ate far more than just the extra lunch goodies that the wily and perceptive Kira was providing. Although she was still under 160 (barely) by graduation she was by semester end actually out-eating Kira – and her newly thickening thighs and plumpening midriff were ample proof.

Amy’s parents didn’t seem to notice or care. They were either too occupied with their own affairs or else the fact that their party-loving daughter was at last applying herself scholastically and might actually graduate was a relief to them. Her Mom was very much a larger woman to begin with and her Dad was not slender either, so weight had never been a contentious topic in their family. After having earlier adjusted to the idea that their daughter was a lesbian and they wouldn’t likely have grandchildren, weight simply wasn’t an issue.

They weren’t totally oblivious, however. After seeing the hangover from the graduation party they’d allowed their daughter to hold they suggested to Amy, and she’d agreed, that she should wait until 21 before doing any more heavy drinking. With her head splitting she’d agreed, saying she was of a mind to stay off booze completely.

Cooking and shopping in the Ainge household, where both parents worked, was the chore of Felicia, a jovial immigrant who was quick to pick up on and willing to indulge Amy’s new found appetite. Rather stout herself, Felicia held the view that most American girls were too thin for good health anyway. She also appreciated the better humor of a well fed (and sober) Amy.

If Amy had had her way she might have frittered away the summer partying and playing computer games before enrolling in Junior College. But instead she had a dilemma. Her parents had told her that she was going now going to have to find a way of paying for her own clothes and car expenses.

She asked Kira, Nico and Latoya about working for Jax, the restaurant where her former classmate and two buddies both worked, but was told there were no openings. There was, however, a small bakery that supplied Jax and other eateries that was looking for a counter person. Thus it was that, after finishing off a stack of hotcakes and a burrito from Felicia, Amy found herself in early June, little more than a week after graduation, standing outside the modestly named Fifth Street Bakery.

There was a small selection of scones, donuts. breads, pies, coffee cake, éclairs and other delicacies gracing the display case. Featured on top under glass was a Herisson cake (a blend of chocolate ganash with chestnuts, mousse and meringue). A coffee machine and four tea tables with chairs graced the small lobby. Amy was not knowledgeable of the culinary nuances, but the pungent aromas assaulted her taste buds, arousing her appetite even though she was still quite full from breakfast.

"Hello, may I help you?”

The friendly voice snapped Amy out of her reverie.

“Umm, yes, my name is Amy Ainge. I understand you’re looking for a counter-girl?”

“Ahhhh – yes. Well, my name is Bob and I do the baking for my Aunt, who actually owns the place since my Uncle’s passing. We’ve been looking for someone to work the register and answer the phone from noon on. Can you make change, write-up orders, and take an active interest in what we sell?”

“Well, I suppose so – exactly what do you mean by an ‘active interest’?”

“Some people just want coffee cake or donuts and coffee, which is easy. But some of our specialty items require an ability to share and explain what they’re about. This Herisson cake is a good example. “

Bob removed the dome covering and cut a wedge of the cake for Amy.

“It began as a specialty dish in a small village in the Auvergne region of France and is called by bakers the “overcoat cake” because the basic pastry can be dressed up in a variety bf ways. One of my favorites is to embed sliced almonds in the crust and soak the cake in lemon syrup, layer with raspberry jam and wrap in a marzipan coat, or spread with whipped cream and top with fresh strawberry and kiwi slices. Now, knowing that, doesn’t eating a slice make it a more interesting treat?”

By that point Amy had finished the slice and had to agree; knowing the history of the pastries made them even more tasty. “And you expect me to be able to talk like that about every product here?”

“That would be un-realistic, at least right off – but learning 1-2 per day, should be possible. Telling people about the product and offering up a sample sells. And it helps people planning wedding and party menus to understand the differences and make up their mind. It also qualifies you as an expert they can trust. Of course, that means that you have to pre-sample the merchandise yourself, but few find that a problem..”

Amy was already craving another piece, but didn’t say so. “What about that coffee cake – you have it labeled with the name of Ted Williams – I thought he played baseball?”

Bob grinned, then split the Ted Williams specimen into pieces and placed a generous sample on a napkin.

“He did, but he also helped taste test it to perfection for a bakery in Boston. It’s a basic chocolate sour cream recipe as a base, generously sprinkled with pure dark chocolate mousses and fresh walnuts. Its also kosher certified with no trans fats – check it on the Internet if you want.”

“Ummm, good,” Amy exclaimed as she stuffed her mouth. “So you eat as you learn?”

“Yes – and most of our end of the day leftovers get taken to a local commissary for the homeless, but you can hold some back to take home. Assuming you want the job, of course. “

“Uh, well sure, that’s what I came looking for,” Amy replied.

“Great. Either my Aunt or my wife are usually here until 12:00 so your shift will be from 11-7 – I’ll train you the first week or so, after that you’ll be on your own after I leave. Since my day starts at five o’clock in the morning. I’m usually gone before three.”

Amy accepted the offer, then went shopping, stopping for a fiesta burrito and some tacos for lunch. When she got home she shared the good news with Felicia, who had just finished preparing a tray of brownies which they shared with ice cream. Then Amy took a nap. She awoke to the aroma of Italian food and ventured into the kitchen.

“Wow, Felicia. What is that?”

“Mushroom pesto lasagna – we’re having it with Carpaccio beef tonight. I got creative on the Internet, I think your Father will just rave over it, she gushed, silently thinking as she glanced at the pudge of Amy’s belly, “and I bet you can’t resist seconds.”

Felicia’s judgment proved correct. Everyone enjoyed the Italian dinner and Amy’s second portion was just a little bigger than that of her parents. Her mom and dad were happy to hear about her new job and Amy went to bed pleased as well.

She woke up the next morning around 9:00, with Felicia ready with a cheese and avocado omelet with two slices of raisin toast. She then had a leisurely bath and left about 10:30 to meet Bob at the bakery, taking her portable computer along in case it was a slow day.

“Ready to go I see,” Bob greeted her. “Ready for today’s lesson?”

“Sure,” replied Amy. She looked for Bob’s wife or Aunt, but didn’t see them. ,

Bob produced a small platter of buns that looked like small cabbages “ these are choux buns – choux being the French word for cabbage. They are used in various ways – such as filling them with savory mousses (in which case they’re called canapés), a substitute for soup crackers, or mixed with creamed potatoes. It’s important to know the differences because they’re frequently ordered as accessories for cakes at wedding receptions. These have custard fillings.”

Amy tried one,

“Yum”, was all she could say, as her chubby hand reached for another.

Bob smiled. He could tell that Amy had an appetite and appreciated the fuller figure.

“Umm – what about my lap-top? I brought it just in case things were slow.”

“That’s fine – you will likely only have 1-2 customers per hour, but we do need telephone coverage. We have Wi-Fi capability, so you may want to do some product research on the Internet. And if you want to sample some other things its ok.”

Amy enjoyed the afternoon, beginning with the remaining four cabbage buns. She also took a few other pastries, but decided that it would be good to have Felicia prepare a lunch the next day to balance things out. Around 6:00 Bob returned and showed her how to box up the leftovers. Amy set aside two jelly filled pastries to take home and delivered the rest.

The next day Amy chattered with a smiling Felecia about what she was learning as she devoured two large quiche wedges and an oversized blueberry muffin with cantaloupe for breakfast.

“Well, you learn everything you can, but eventually you should learn to cook as well as describe,” the maid noted.

Amy eagerly charged off to work, wondering what Bob might have to teach her the second day. She found him placing a nicely latticed but unusual looking pie in the case.

“Morning, what’s that?” she asked as she set her computer case down.

“Good morning. This one is a special order, so we can’t sample it, but its cranberry-apple with an oatmeal wheat streusel topping. But I do have an extra Dutch apple torte in a cinnamon pie shell from fulfilling our restaurant orders – so let’s talk about pies.”

“OK,” Amy replied as Bob carved a generous piece and drenched it in Reddi-wip.

“Pies originally weren’t desserts, but entrees. Some say the word comers from magpies because they’ll put anything and everything into their nests – and that’s what people anciently did with large, heavy pastry shells. The correct definition s essentially any mixture of ingredients encased and cooked in pastry.”

“So chicken and turkey pot pies didn’t start with the microwave?”

“No, meat pies using that name date from at least the 13th century and the concept was known to ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans. Sweet pies really got going in the 17th century – so the Pilgrims likely didn’t have pumpkin pie as such – what they ate the first Thanksgiving was likely a honey-sweetened custard.”

“Umm-huh,” responded Amy with her mouth full. She decided to do more pie research with her computer later that day.

The third day she met Bob’s wife, and the day after his Aunt. She found them both to be pleasant, well-rounded people and they seemed to approve of her. She settled in nicely and found herself enjoying the succulent goodies both during work hours and when she went home.

The third day she met Bob’s wife, and the day after his Aunt. Amy found Mrs. Carol Pelletier to be a friendly, somewhat plump woman with golden curls that cascaded over her shoulders. Jenny Andresson was at least twice her age, frankly stout but equally friendly. She found them both to be pleasant, well-rounded people and they seemed to approve of her.

The two ladies divided the morning shift between them, allowing Bob to focus on work in the back. Amy quickly realized that Carol was the more social, striking up conversations with customers, remembering names and tidbits from prior contacts. Jenny was friendly enough, but was more of a business woman focused on the product, which is why she oversaw all special catering orders and oversaw the books.

Bob, Amy quickly discovered, had worked in the bakery as a teen and in college but left for six years to be a manager and chef for a family restaurant chain. He came back at Jenny’s behest after his uncle’s death to keep the business in the family. He had the prospect of owning the business when his aunt retired; for now Carol was pleased to see him being his own boss and happy, something that the company store never seemed to give him

Amy tried to follow the example of the two more experienced counterwomen. She settled in nicely and soon found herself enjoying both the customers and the succulent goodies, the latter both during work hours and when she went home.

Latest posts

Back