• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Angry Beyond Belief About Locum Doctor

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CausticSodaPop

My wife had an appointment with her GP this morning. Usually, she sees a lovely, female doctor who has never criticised her for her weight and only refers to it when it is relevant. This morning, however, we went into the consulting room and discovered that her GP was on sick leave and that her appointment would be with a locum instead.

The purpose of my wife's visit was to get the results of a blood test that might indicate whether or not she has PCOS (a likely scenario given her symptoms) and to discuss treatment options. As it happened, the results had not been recieved, but the locum decided to talk about treatment options anyway. Given my wife's size, you can probably guess where he started.

"The first thing you'll need to do is to lose a LOT of weight," he said.
"That's not possible," said my wife. She began to explain her history of battles with weight, but he interrupted her.
"If you can't do it through willpower," he said, managing to suggest that she had none, "we could try Xenical. That blocks the digestion of fat from the diet."
"But I already eat a low-fat diet," my wife protested.
"It's true," I said. "I'm quite health conscious and she eats just as healthily as I do, if not more so."

He then starts addressing me as though she was not there!
"Could she be sneaking food when you're not around?"
"No," I said, through gritted teeth. "I do the grocery shopping."
He made a cynical sort of "Hmmm" noise, then, turning back to my wife said: "Mrs. ********, I would like to help you, but I can't do that if you're not absolutely honest with me."

I am not a violent man by any stretch of the imagination, but I was ready to punch him by this point. Fortunately for me, my poor wife had also had enough. She thanked him for his time and said that she would wait until her own GP returned to discuss the matter further. Now, I've just come in from work to find her curled up in bed, crying her eyes out because she thinks no doctor will ever take her seriously. If I was any more furious, I would rupture something. She hates going to the doctor anyway. Now it's going to be ten times worse for her. I had no idea that idiots like this were still practicing.

*Sigh.* Sorry about this long post. I just had to vent somewhere!

Richard

Latest posts

Back