• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Animal Shelter Mailings

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparkGirl

Life In The Fat Lane...
I don't know why, but lately I seem to be getting a lot of letters from animal shelters (I donated to three). They are usually in newsletter form, and I don't know who writes them, but they are quite effective. I got home last night and went through my mail and there was one from one of the shelters in NYC. They had 3 stories of animals that had been dropped off at their shelter, and their success stories. I cried like a baby for about an hour. I love my animals dearly, but they are complete brats sometimes (my 2 dogs were rescues). As bad as they can be sometimes, I can't even imagine giving them up (especially for some of the rediculous reasons I hear about in these mailings). I do realize that there are times that an animal has to be given over to a shelter, but I don't understand how some people can treat their pets like throw-away items. It never ceases to shock me at the growing levels of abandoned animals at shelters. I also wonder if people realize that there is a rescue squad for every breed of dog and cat, making a purchase from a breeder unnecessary. I guess I'm just feeling badly at the growing number of unwanted animals and why this is becoming more of a problem. I'd love to hear some animal rescue stories if any posters have some...

Latest posts

Back