• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Anya/Lybrel birth control: no more periods... ?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&
All year, every year, and supposedly this is safe.

Wth? I don't get it. The female body's method of cleansing itself via a menstrual period every month is pretty much essential, or so I thought. This is the chief reason why fat women are put ON the pill to begin with - to force and regulate their periods. To go without a period for extended lengths of time can cause buildup in the uterine lining, and increase the risk of some cancers.

At first there was Seasonale, the pill where you only get your period 4 times a year... okay, so perhaps it doesn't need a housecleaning every month, that could make sense. But how can it be healthy to go all year without having a period? According to a website, Lybrel/Anya also thins the uterine lining, so perhaps that's where they think this will be okay... but I dunno, I have to wonder what the rates of blood clots will be with this new pill.

Call me old fashioned, but I'm still having Aunt Flo visit regularly.

Back