• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

AR8: Candace's Travels - by Matt L. (~BBW, Romance, Self-realization ~MWG)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
~BBW, Romance, Self-realization ~MWG - A country girl escapes from a loveless prison to find her true place

An Alternate Reality Story

AR8: Candace's Travels
by Matt L.

(For prior installment of this series,click here)

(This story is the sole property of Matt L. Any reposting of this story must have the permission of Matt L. at [email protected])

PART ONE: GLIMPSE OF LOVE

It was a beautiful, balmy August afternoon as Quint Parker laid next to the love of his life, Candace Murdock. Sharing a blanket, which covered the leafy green grass, it was their special place; along side a small lake on his parent’s farm.

Secluded behind tall oak trees, it was the perfect place for their romantic interludes. It was a distinctive day in the young couple’s lives, for 19-year old Candace was leaving their small farming community in Hennesey, Oklahoma and heading off to college in Chicago.

Candace was a vivacious young lady, whose long wavy red hair dangled, over her shoulders, showcasing her pretty face. Candace’s face was rather round and with a slight double chin, giving the impression from looking solely at her face that she was rather chubby.

In fact, Candace had a slender hourglass shaped figure. Her bosom was a bit ample for her barely 130 pound body and though her waist was narrow, her hips were wide and her thighs somewhat husky. Quint slowly fed his girl a cookie and Candace smiled, "Your mother wants to fatten me up."

Quint laughed, "Where did you get that idea?"

Candace nibbled on the cookie, "Why did she make us this huge picnic lunch? My gosh, we have cookies, cheese, chicken and chips."

Candace sat up and opened a can of cola, "And lets not forget the soft drinks. You know how many calories are in a can of cola?"

Candace then laughed; "I can feel my thighs expanding already!"

Quint sat up as well and likewise reached for a soft drink, "My mom knows all about your big appetite, so where’s the crime?"

Candace opened a bag of chips and began munching, "Yeah, you’re right. I can really eat a lot."

Candace tilted her head and smiled, "With the amount of food that I put away, I should be huge."

Quint shook his head, "But you’re not huge, or even plump. You’re one of those lucky females who can eat as much as they want and never have to worry about their weight."

Candace laid back down and continued eating, as she patted her bare washboard flat mid-drift, "What if I got fat? Say when I return home from school I’m a big girl, would you still love me then?"

Quint’s hand slowly caressed Candace’s lower thigh, "I’d love you even if you were 350 pounds. You’re the only girl for me."

Candace giggled, "My momma told me just the other day, the way I eat, it's only a matter of time before I’m shopping at the 16 plus size shops. So be ready to live up to those words."

Quint leaned over and softly kissed his honey. "I meant what I said. I’ll love you slim or fat."

Candace wrapped her arms around the neck of her beau and smiled, "Yeah, I know."

After a long kiss, Quint stood up and looked over to the lake. "Feel up top skinny-dipping?"

Candace sat up and sipped her cola; "I was wondering when you were going to get around to that?"

Candace pealed off her tube top, then slipped off her shorts, as Quint removed his T-shirt and jeans. Standing in their underwear, Candace brought her body next to Quint’s and after engaging in a soft kiss, pushed him to the ground and quickly ran towards the lake.

Quint tailed behind Candace and dove into the lake a few moments after she entered the water. Quint swam up behind his lady and grabbing her leg, pulled her underneath. Candace and Quint resurfaced together and tightly clung to each other. Quint smiled, "You’ll write me while you’re away?"

Candace nodded her reply, just as their lips met. Quint ran his fingers through her long red mane then cupped the sides of her face with the palm of his hands as he kissed his lady again. Candace circled her arms around Quint’s neck as he placed his hands under her derriere and lifted her out of the water.

Swinging his sweetheart over his shoulders, Quint laughed as they fell backwards into the water. They frolicked in the water the remainder of the afternoon, hurrying home just after dusk. Parting that evening, they shared the words lovers often use and upon a vow of staying in touch, shared one last kiss.

PART TWO: BIG CITY WOMAN

College was a breeze for the naturally bright Candace and she graduated with honors. While still attending school, Candace found employment in the mailroom of Wilkosz International Incorporated, a rather large company that specialized in software among other things. Popular as well as intelligent, Candace worked her way up the ladder and with degree in hand, eventually became the firm's Midwest accounting manager.

Candace’s demeanor changed from the simple virtues of an innocent rural girl, to the materialistic world of a big city woman. Gone were the flannel shirts, halter tops, and jeans that adorned her slender body. They were replaced by silk blouses, trendy dresses, and designer slacks.

She bought an expensive condo located in the heart of Chicago, over looking Lake Michigan and drove a Porsche. She called Chicago her home and never considered returning to Hennesey, Oklahoma. Somewhere Quint got lost in the shuffle. At first Candace and Quint stayed in contact pretty regularly through letters and weekly phone calls. However as the days, weeks, months, and years went on they slowly lost track of each other.

Eventually Candace met another man who captured her heart. Reggie Hamlin was a business executive who was as cunning as he was handsome and Candace was attracted to him for all the wrong reasons. Candace admired his movie star good looks, was impressed by the amount of money he made, and loved his smooth way of talking.

Blinded by his charms, Candace didn’t notice his pretentious attitude or arrogant behavior. It was now five years later and Candace marveled on her life. Dining with her friend at a posh downtown restaurant, Candace pushed back her plate and patted her slight tummy bulge. Brenda Lomax, a pretty gal with shoulder length curly black hair and luscious full figure, smiled, "That’s all you’re going to eat? You hardly touched your meal."

Candace nodded, "Yeah, I’m starting to cut back. I weighed myself this morning and I’m up to 140 pounds."

Candace sipped her water, then continued, "I’ve never been that heavy in my whole life."

Brenda giggled, "140 isn’t heavy? I’m 175 pounds and I don't even consider myself heavy."

Candace pouted as she looked over her unfinished meal, "At one time I could eat as much as I wanted and never gain a pound. Now, I have to watch what I eat or I’m afraid I’ll turn into a balloon."

Brenda blinked at Candace’s remark, which caused Candace to explain, "I meant no offense, sorry."

Brenda helped herself to a spoonful of ice cream, "Sure Candy, I understand. But you’re so over reacting. You look beautiful."

Candace blushed a pretty shade of red, "Thanks, I appreciate the compliment."

Brenda smiled, "What compliment? It's the truth."

Candace acknowledged the remark with a slow nod and returned the smile. Brenda enjoyed another large spoonful of ice cream, then bluntly told her friend, "I don’t worry about counting calories, why bother? There’s more of me for my guy to love."

Candace brushed back her lustrous red mane, "Your guy doesn’t have a problem with your size?"

Laughing as she continued to eat, Brenda cheerfully replied, "You kidding me? Jimmy loves my figure. Why do you ask?"

Candace sipped her water, "Reggie doesn’t think heavy women are attractive. I mean, whenever we’re at a restaurant or dance club and he spots a big woman, he'll make some nasty remark about her size."

Candace lowered her head, "Sometimes his remarks are down right cruel."

Brenda rolled her eyes, "Not too cool. Word of advice honey, if you’re going to count calories, do it for yourself, don't be pressured by some guy."

Candace shook her head, but Brenda sensed her lack of sincerity. "If Reggie actually loves you, he'll love you for who you are, not for your appearance."

Candace smiled, "But there should be...."

Brenda interrupted her friend, "I know, physical attraction. Well sure, at first. But if he deeply cares about you, shouldn't he still love you, even if you go up a few dress sizes?"

Candace raised her eyebrows, shrugged her shoulders and then smiled in agreement. Brenda eased herself into the soft cushion of the booth, "Like I said Candy, you’re beautiful. Why wouldn’t you be just as beautiful if you were heavier?"

The weeks went on and Candace managed to lose the weight, sliming down to just below 130 pounds. A year later Candace married Reggie and all was bliss, until...

"Oh my gosh!" Candace blurted out loud as she stood on the scale. Naked with exception to a bath towel wrapped around her body, Candace hopped off the scale, then stepped back on to make sure it read her weight correctly.

"How did I put on eight pounds?" Candace sat on the toilet seat, looking over her plump thighs and contemplated, "I usually watch what I eat, how did this happen?"

Candace stood up, dropped the towel and faced the full-length mirror.

She scrutinized her figure, noticing that though her body still looked rather tone, there was a slight increase of size in her upper arms and thighs. Candace gently rubbed the small soft pouch that replaced her previously flat tummy, then pinched a small roll of fat that was planted over her hips. As she glanced over her sweet face, Candace discovered that it looked fuller and with a little added growth in her double chin. "I better start counting calories before I get even fatter."

Candace worked very hard on her diet and though she only lost four pounds, she didn’t get any heavier. That was until five months later...

It was a trendy sidewalk cafe where Candace was conversing with Brenda over gourmet coffee. "He actually said your ass is getting big? What a jerk!"

Candace sipped her brew, "Well I don’t blame him. I haven’t been minding my diet as well as I should."

Brenda rolled her eyes, "Your husband insults you and you blame yourself?"

Candace straightened the sleeve of her silk blouse, "Well yeah Brenda, it's my own fault. I’m up to 144 pounds now, if he didn’t bother to remind me, who knows how heavy I’d become?"

Brenda drew a breath, "You look cute honey. Can’t you see that?"

Candace nodded, "Reggie tells me I look beautiful all the time. He did me a favor by telling me my ass is getting big. He doesn’t want me to look like a slob and neither do I."

Brenda shook her head, "Are you implying big gals are slobs?"

Candace offered a sheepish smile, "Well if a woman isn’t in shape and has rolls and a big pork belly, what is she?"

Brenda became agitated, "Hey, he’s brainwashed you. I’m big and beautiful and more attractive then a lot of those stick chicks. I am not a slob!"

Candace lowered her eyes, "I didn’t mean anything by that, honest Brenda."

Brenda’s expression grew sour, "Maybe your husband’s opinions have a great influence on you, but I suggest in the future you should use better judgment. Your comments were quite offensive."

A few months later and despite her efforts, Candace's weight continued to increase.

"Look at you! You’re starting to catch up to me!" Brenda remarked to Candace with a song in her voice.

Candace was now 158 pounds and in her blouse and skirt, looked the part of a well-fed chubbette. "It’s not funny, Brenda. I hate being fat."

Brenda took her friend by the shoulders, "You’re not really that fat, Candy. I surmise if your husband didn’t bring it up, your size wouldn’t bother you."

Candace explained, "He calls me a blimp, orders my meals when we go out and plans our meals at home. At parties he’s always complimenting other women and informs me that I should look like them. We haven’t had sex in I don’t remember how long and for our anniversary he got me a membership at a health club."

Brenda bit her lip, "Boy, did you pick a loser."

Candace didn’t see it that way, "No, Reggie's right. I am a blimp with no pride in my appearance."

Brenda hugged Candace, who begun to cry on her shoulders.

Over a span of several months, Candace snuck back down to 135 pounds. However, Reggie continued to nag and bully Candace about her size, eating habits, and wardrobe. Maybe their sex life improved, but Reggie refused to look at Candace’s naked body until she lost another ten pounds. Reggie would often tease Candace about the size of her butt and call her crude nicknames. Reggie would select her garments for her and check her weight every day, making it known how embarrassing it was having such a plump wife.

Candace kept to her diet and work out schedule, but as soon as she would get down to 129 pounds, she'd put the six pounds back on just as fast. One Saturday afternoon as Candace was walking home from the fitness center, she decided to stop off and treat herself to some ice cream.

It was a sidewalk cafe along side of the Chicago River where she plopped her weary body down and indulged herself in a forbidden treat. Upon ordering herself a large bowl of ice cream with extra whip cream, Candace watched a pair of young lovers sitting at a table not far from her. The young man was feeding his love ice cream and the young lady would lean forward to shorten his reach. She was a pretty gal with a chunky full figure, much of the weight she carried on her roomy thighs and large rear. The loving couple kissed, then continued on with the feeding.

Candace smiled at the couple and her mind was lost in a dream. "Why can’t Reggie accept me like this man accepts his mate?"

As Candace’s mind reflected her current situation, her memory turned the pages and she softy mentioned, "Quint."

The waitress brought Candace a large bowl of ice cream and after a brief word of thanks she began to eat. Candace glanced back at the sweethearts, as she heard a feminine voice remark, "What a beautiful young couple, don't you agree?"

Candace turned around and discovered Leah Sverker standing behind her.

Candace shook her head and Leah pulled over a chair to join her. "Looks to me that young man surely finds his lady desirable."

Candace nodded as they watched the couple stand and embrace, then hand in hand leave the cafe. Leah turned to Candace, "I didn’t mean to interrupt your treat honey, go a head and eat."

Candace did just that and after enjoying two big spoonfuls of ice cream, asked, "Who are you?"

Leah chuckled," I'm a friend who can help you."

Leah reached over, took Candace by her hand then closed her eyes. "Your battling your weight and your husband doesn’t understand?"

Candace blinked, "Understand? Understand what?"

Leah continued, "You’re supposed to be heavy. You’re fate is that of a full figured woman. Your husband will never truly appreciate you or your beauty, but there is another who would."

Candace at this point was confused, "Listen lady, if this is a scam..."

Leah interrupted, "No scam but your choice."

Leah opens her eyes and let loose Candace’s hand. Candace continued to gobble up the ice cream, speaking as she ate, "My choice? What's my choice?"

Leah chuckled, "Deciding between a loveless marriage and a marriage full of love and passion."

Candace knew Leah meant Quint, "If I knew what I know now, I would have stayed in contact with Quint."

Leah nodded, "Of course your life would be quite simple compared to the fast pace lifestyle you’re leading now. Though you definitely would be happy."

Candace consumed the last of the ice cream, "I suppose it’s too late. Quint’s probably married and has a house full of kids."

Leah looked over her glasses, "Actually he seldom dates, for his soul mate deserted him for another. After all he once told you that, you were the only woman for him."

Candace blinked, "How in the world did you know that?"

Leah chuckled, "Oh honey, I'm aware of so much. For instance, Quint makes a pretty good living managing his parent’s farm. Should I go on?"

Candace was in awe and nodded, "Please do continue."

Leah’s look turned sour, "You husband has had one fling already with a girl from his office and more are to follow. Eventually he’ll dump you, and you’ll get heavier and heavier. By the time you return to Hennesey, Quint will indeed be married."

Candace stood up, "What?"

Leah bluntly remarked, "Oh you’ll return home. Trust me. Of course I can arrange it where it’ll be as if you never left."

A bewildered expression formed upon Candace’s pretty face, "Uh? And how would you do that?"

PART THREE: TRUE LOVE REUNITED

Leah brought Candace into the backroom of her antique shop, and stood in front of the large full-length mirror. "Okay honey, imagine yourself with Quint as if you never drifted apart."

Candace giggled; "This is actually going to work?"

Leah nodded then backed away, "Gaze into your reflection and hope with your heart that truth smiles upon you."

Candace shrugged her shoulders and thought about Quint. The mirror began to fog and as a sudden chill ran shockwaves through Candace’s body, she covered her eyes with the palms of her hands. Once she felt back to normal, Candace uncovered her eyes and discovered she was no longer in the antique shop or even in Chicago!

Candace looked around and in a strange way felt confident in her surroundings. Realizing she was standing in own kitchen in Hennesey, Candace smiled.

Candace was familiar with the lay out of the house and knew this was where she belonged. Candace noticed a large basket filled with goodies on the kitchen table waiting to be devoured. She looked upon the clock on the wall and instinctively understood that soon she’d be on a picnic with her husband. She could barely remember Reggie and what was left of his memory was fading.

In this reality Candace married Quint, who did everything he could to make her happy. Candace knew it didn’t matter to Quint that she put on weight after their wedding day. Actually, Quint found all the weight she put on only added to her beauty. Knowing that her man found her attractive at 255 pounds only reinforced her self-esteem.

Candace skipped off to the bedroom and looked over her voluptuous womanly shape. Her gorgeous red hair still dangled over her shoulders and her pretty face covered with freckles, was completely round with chubby cheeks and prominent double chin.

Candace turned sideways and glanced over her well-nourished figure. The cherry red cotton sundress she wore was sleeveless, complimenting her big upper arms, ample bust and corpulent belly. Candace’s queen size body was a little flabby, but she felt good about her appearance.

She slowly caressed her thick waist and pinched a roll of fat that lay over her extremely wide hips. She then rubbed her soft big belly and smiled. Next Candace looked over her beefy thighs and placed her hands over her generously large posterior that pushed out and upwards. Candace giggled, "I look so cute! I like being pudgy!"

The sound of the screen door slamming brought Candace back to earth and she ran to the kitchen into Quint’s arms. After kissing him, Candace remarked, "I’ve missed you so much."

Quint laughed, "I’ve only been gone a few hours."

Candace beamed in her happiness as Quint held her in his arms and slowly caressed her plump backside. Candace purred, "It’s been like forever to me."

Quint gently kissed his love on her forehead. "Candy, you feeling okay?"

Candace smiled. "I’ve never felt better."

Quint nodded. "Good to hear. Ready for our picnic?"

Candace replied, "Sure am and I’m up for a bit of skinny dipping too."

Quint squeezed his lady. "Me too baby."

FINIS

(For the next installment in this series click here)

Latest posts

Back