• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Audio/Visual: 101

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chimpi

into the shining sun
So here I sit, wondering how some un-owned Music DVD's are, and I figure I might as well make something out of it.
I am sure some of you have Music DVD's (Band DVD's, whatever have you), so I suppose here is the thread to post which ones, and your rating/review of them if you so feel daring. :) I figure, a few people with like-music tastes can learn something and possible commit to buying a DVD they've wanted but have yet to hear anything about, or possibly for someone to commit to buying a DVD they may have never even considered.

I suppose you could post VHS tapes as well, but I only purchase and own DVD's now... so... :D

(In alphabetical order):

Blast!:
Amazon.com | Blast!
A superb DVD, with some excellent behind the scenes footage and sorts... A broadway presentation that deals with music by musicians, including color and emotion, and of course drill. :D
Chimpi's Rating: 5 out of 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside The Blue Devils 2000:
BlueDevils.org
Inside The Blue Devils 2001:
BlueDevils.org
Both of these DVD's are most likely of nobody's interest here (except for one person whom I found out actually marched; kudos to her), but all-in-all, two great DVD's of one of the worlds greatest Drum & Bugle Corps. :)
Chimpi's Rating: 4 out of 5

The Cavaliers: The Championship Years:
Cavaliers.org
Again, not something geared toward "normal people", but all-in-all, a... decent... DVD combining the Championship performances as of 2004 by one of the worlds greatest Drum & Bugle Corps. :)
Chimpi's Rating: 3 out of 5

Collective Soul - Home
Amazon.com | CollectiveSoul.com
This is easily the best DVD purchase I have ever made; personally. I find this band quite fun, and a good ol' fashioned rock 'n' roll band, with some extraordinary songs. This is a Live performance of Collective Soul, accompanied by the Youth Orchestra of their hometown, Atlanta, Georgia ( Atlanta Youth Symphony Orchestra ). Truly a superb DVD, with some excellent behind the scenes footage as well, before the concert. I will highly recommend this DVD for any Collective Soul fan or Rock 'N' Roll fan. :)

Dream Theater (Double Feature) - Images And Words (Live In Tokyo) & 5 Years In A LiveTime
Amazon.com | DreamTheater.net
Not only is this DVD excellent, but the footage spliced in between the music is fantastic. Especially the Live In Tokyo half. It offers some outstanding music, and an outstanding Live performance. I cannot say as much for 5 Years In A LiveTime, but that half is still great. The latter side has some excellent club performances, with some guest musicians that really get into some music. Both DVD's come with music videos of some particular songs, which is a neat feature. Definately a Dream Theater DVD I recommend to any sort of Dream Theater fan. Worth every penny.

Journey - Live In Houston 1981 (Escape Tour)
Amazon.com | Journey.com
This, too, is a fantastic DVD, but offers no behind the scenes footage (that I am aware of anyway; I have not explored the DVD very much :D). However, the Live performance itself is addicting, and the music is fantastic, and the quality is very decent. Steve Perry, was of course the lead singer during this DVD, so it is truly the real Journey. An experience I would highly recommend.

Led Zeppelin
Amazon.com | LedZeppelin.com
I have yet to finish this DVD, but from what I have seen, this DVD offers excellent music, excellent footage, excellent interviews, and excellence all-around. Fans will know that Led Zeppelin is famous for staying out of the media, for the most part, so this DVD supplies some great material. Most of the great hits are on this DVD, and all of the songs [that I have seen] are played very, very well. However, I have noticed that not all the greats are there (E.G. Over The Hills And Far Away, Ramble On, Gallows Pole), which is disconcerning, but oh well. Just the great ol' Led Zeppelin. I highly recommend this to any Led Zeppelin fans. Any at all.

Metallica - Justice Is Done
Metallica.com
Well, what can I say, this is a bootleg DVD that I picked up with some great Live footage. Heavy metal all the way on this DVD, but with that (and the fact that it is a bootleg DVD) comes some not-so-great quality. *shrugs* You get what you pay for. :)
Chimpi's Rating: 3 out of 5

Pink Floyd The Wall
Amazon.com | PinkFloyd.com | PinkFloyd&Company.com | PinkFloyd | PinkFloydOnline.com
For any Pink Floyd fans, or fans of the specific album, The Wall, this is a must-have DVD. That is, of course, if you do not already own it. This is nothing below spectucular, and an experience you should fullfill. Nothing more to say about it. Highly, highly, highly recommend.

Pink Floyd - Live In Pompeii
Amazon.com
This DVD offers, not a Live performance with an audience present, but just a setting in Pompeii, witht he band performing some great tunes. Some great, famous tunes, as well. *shrugs* Spliced in between Pink Floyd performing their music are some very rare interviews and great footage (and some of the footage is of them eating!) never-before-seen. :) Highly recommended.

Queen - Live At Wembley Stadium
Amazon.com | Queen
Everyone knows their music, and their hits, and everyone knows they deliver spectacular Live performances (or did, at least). However, this particular DVD is of the late Queen, the later Queen, in which the vocals aren't as Soprano (as high, rather), or as sharp, but still offers quite the thrill for Queen fans. I would not recommend this as your first Queen DVD, but certainly a must-have for fans. And with a huge list of songs, you really cannot go too wrong. Freddie does, of course, deliver until the end.

Roger Waters - The Wall Live In Berlin (1989)
Amazon.com | RogerWaters.com | Roger Waters
Roger Waters broke up from Pink Floyd in 1988... something which inevitably was good or bad (wow, amazing discover, eh?). :D Of course, he did still tour, such as this shows. This is, obviously, a performance by Roger Waters (with an All-Star lineup of bands), in 1989, performing the album, The Wall. It is, as far as I am aware, the original show he had done with Pink Floyd, just... without the presence of David Gilmour, Nick Mason, and Richard Wright. That, is actually, the downfall I see in the music, and the video. Without David Gilmour, the music is not delivered to such great depth. However, he does offer an amazing cast of musicians which will supply all the music, and in great taste. Afterall, Roger himself did most of the lyrics on this album. Personally, I will recommend this DVD to any fan of Pink Floyd or Roger Waters. Something you should not miss.

Overall, that Collective Soul - Home DVD would be my top choice for a recommendation to anyone. Seriously, it is fantastic. And great fun to watch and groove to!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back