• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Awesome Ways To Close a Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActionPif

Napoleon of Notting Hill
Hello campers,

Ok, here's the scoopity scoop scooper scoop:

I have percieved lately that there has been a rise (perhaps unprecedented? Dims historians delurk!) in thread closings lately, on all boards. Now, all of them have obviously been completely legitimate, and have even possibly saved lives, and DEFINITLEY have saved valuable human neurons (to the emus who read Dims...you guys just can't hack it! :mad:). That is not the object of discussion.

What IS the object of discussion is this: how you, as a moderator, would go about closing a thread smelling so offensively of blissful misconduct! This is mostly referring to the "mod post" statement before the thread is doomed into eternal, searchable oblivion.

So, for example:

"*blah blah blah, breaking the rules, blah blah blah, genuinely egregious violation of any socialable behaviors*

ModPif:

Readers, readers be not forlorn
For this thread, yes, should not have been born
But with my mod cap put swiftly on
I close this thread...now it is gone.

Good night everybody.

OR

ModPif:

antelopes.jpg

These antelopes HATE this thread. They wish it to die, and it will. Never again.

So, I know we never want a thread to get to a point where it is harming the community. But it DOES occur, so when it does, how spectacular would you make your closing statement to the violator thread? :happy:

Latest posts

Back