• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

"Beauty Reborn" at Cafe de Paris, in London

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kioewen

Hi. Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Had to share this amazing bit of news for readers in the U.K.

Channel 4 has been shooting a documentary that will air in prime time, about a British plus-size model named Charlotte Coyle (she used to be the Torrid cover girl, while she was Stateside). The last episode will be filmed at the "Cafe de Paris" in London. It will showcase a plus-size model beauty contest hosted by Charlotte, with a "Moulin Rouge" theme (lingerie, etc.). It's supposed to be like the Lane Bryant lingerie shows of a couple years back.

But the really cool thing about this event is that admission is open to the general public, so anyone see this event, live and in person. Plus, anyone who buys a ticket can attend an after-show party with the models. The Lane Bryant shows were always closed-door affairs.

So it's America's Next Top Model, but in Britain, and exclusively with curvy models. Runway show included. Cool, huh? And partying with plus-size models as part of a prime-time TV show? Pretty exciting stuff, if you ask me. I just wish I were in London at the time (March 5th), so I could attend. The tickets can be bought starting this Wednesday morning. Apparently, they'll go fast:

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk

There's more about it here, along with pictures of the model:

http://www.judgmentofparis.com/board/showthread.php?t=290

Latest posts

Back