• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

BHMs in media, or "That funny fat guy"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobitusinZ

When did fat guys get the "funny" adjective? It's like our stereotype now. What about fat dudes who AREN'T funny?

I only bring this up to spark some debate on how larger men are portrayed in various media. I can only think of "Shallow Hal" and "Hitch" when I try to come up with romantic comedies starring fat guys, and both of those are total goofs. Every sophomoric flick about high school or college kids has the token fat kid, who's also a complete failure at life.

And you know what seriously pissed me off? That guy from "24". Seriously? You've got CTU, which is this insane little cluster of computer bullshit, and the ONE fat IT guy is a complete dumbass? How does THAT happen? ::he asks, as he turns his chair around to look at the rest of the IT department he works at, noting about 1500 pounds of fat amongst the 6 or 7 people around him::

So yeah...not a very nice light for fat guys in media. Anyone have any input to keep the ball rolling?

Latest posts

Back