• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

~~ Bon Voyage My Friend Lorna ~~

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member
About eighteen months ago in the Dimensions chat room, I saw that there was another Scottish woman, by the name of Lorna. We would say hi, and gradually over time would share jokes and chat a bit, eventually chatting on yahoo. Last July we met up for the first time, to go for a Chinese buffet meal with a young FA, John-Ireland who uses Dim chat, and my niece. From the first time we met, I felt like I had known Lorna always. We hit it off immediately and were just great friends from the start. It has been wonderful to have a friend who is about the same size as me (ssbbws are a rare breed here in Scotland). She is someone I've been able to share all my fat "issues" with, down to the nightmare of how does one paint one's toenails with a fat belly in the way! We also soon discovered we have a very similar sense of humour. She is much more witty than me though, and her silly, quick humour frequently has me laughing helplessly.

She also had a crazy dog called Zack who would often accompany us on our fat girl jaunts. Imagine my surprise to find that any time we get a KFC or MacDonalds, she buys one for Zack too. No matter how tired she was after a lond day at work, she always took him to the beach for his walk and play in the water. She loves her dog and was heartbroken to have to re-home him last week.

Lorna lives 40 miles from me and has a car ( I don't ) yet has never complained about always having to come through to Glasgow to see me, or collect me if we are going somewhere. We have now been to countless buffets together, thoroughly enjoying just being ourselves and being frequently surprised at the lack of stares we have had! We have entertained visitors from foreign parts... ok .. Vienna, Ireland and Wales..and on some of these occasions laughed so much I though I would cry. Her face when Franz from Austria kept bringing her through more of his special crepe/cream/ferrero rocher dessert, was a picture to behold.. actually so was his! When he asked us seriously in the car one day "what is this... funny pigs?" while pointing to to some sheep in a field, I thought she was going to crash the car we were laughing so hard.

Lorna is the most thoughtful friend ever. My tumble dryer broke and she noticed I was hanging wet laundry over my radiators, which made me cough. She knew I couldn't afford to buy a new dryer or to see if the old one could be repaired. She bought me a dryer for my Christmas... I was speechless. It was the most generous thing. A while back I was feeling very down in myself and she appeared, whisked me off for the weekend to hers and took me a lovely drive through the countryside and a trip along the coast, stopping for fish and chips at the seaside, then later tea and cakes in a lovely farm cafe. To smell the sea air and enjoy all the scenery was such a lift, and she must have known that, that's why she did it. She has done a million other kind and thoughtful things, and although she hasn't has life easy, she has never become cynical or jaded.

We have often followng a night out, retired to my place and decided to have some drinks. Inevitably after about two I have to stop as I feel drunk.. She has another big one then gets all misty eyed, phones her fiancee, and then hands me the phone half way through talking to him, and is snoring two seconds later.

She is just the nicest, kindest, funniest friend I have ever had.

Lorna met a lovely man in Dimensions a couple of years ago and they fell in love online. She has now visited him several times and her family have met him too and all realy like him. He lives in the US. Tomorrow late night (Wed early morning) Lorna is emigrating to the US to be with her lovely FA, start a whole new life, and get married. I am so excited and utterly delighted for her, for them both. They are so right together and make such a sweet couple. Selfishly of course Im also very upset, because my friend is going away and I don't know when I will see her again. I am just very glad that the internet means we can still chat and keep in touch that way. I can't really believe that we met up the first time less than a year ago, we have done so much and had such fun, it seems we've always been friends.

Bon Voyage Lorna and you know I wish you the best of everything life has to offer, you deserve it all so much!

Here are some pics of us from when we met last July til the farewell night recently.

Latest posts

Back