• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Canadian Idol anyone?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Global Moderator
Library Mod
(I know that in theory these boards are supposed to be about events, but since we have pretty much none up here, I've pretty much decided that when I want to post something that is only apt to be of interest to other Canucks (if even them), that I'll post it on this board.)

I’ve found over the past few years that Canadian Idol makes the perfect show with which to get my ironing done. I don’t generally catch all of every episode, but usually catch a decent part of most of them. I finish getting our son to bed, then come downstairs and get a few things ironed while watching however much of idol is left.

Anyway, the new season is underway. I’m hardly an authority, but it seems to me that there is a pretty strong crop this year—even one who plays a real rock ‘n roll piano, which I think is a first (A couple or so seasons back one girl, Theresa I think, played piano, but usually more of the mellow or emotional kind). Also the judges haven’t descended too far into clichés just yet, and Sass seems pretty coherent so all four judges are having useful things to say, which is nice. Although it still feels odd that that they didn’t stick to an even number of both genders this time.

This week was the first week of public voting, and they cut four people from the top 24. Already the only woman who was remotely chubby has gotten voted off. I can’t complain too much about her elimination, she was not bad but I didn’t feel like she’d been outstanding either. There is however a moderately fat guy (Mark Day) still competing. He is a wise cracking lad from the maritimes, who made a joke about his weight this week; I’m not sure if that was his idea or that of the producers, but he seemed pretty comfortable with it. I hope that he lasts for at least a while, for the sake of any FFA who are watching. Although I can’t say he is my favorite performer so far. And totally aside from performance issues, I can’t but cheer for Mookie, just for his name!

Any thoughts or opinions?

Back