• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Cheesy Bacon Puffs - fast & tasty snack!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrankySpice

Unwashed.
Money is ridiculously tight for me right now, so I've been trying to find fast and filling snack foods I can make and keep on hand to feed my two never-not-hungry teens. Today I made these, which is a modified recipe I found on a thrifty living site.

The best thing about these is that they literally took me 15 minutes from the time I started prepping them until they came out of the oven.

As for flavor, they are sort of like a super light and puffy biscuit with bacon and cheese, of course.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Ingredients:

1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 slices crispy bacon, crumbled very fine
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Beat egg and milk together until well mixed. Add flour, baking powder, and onion powder and stir vigorously until there are no lumps. Fold in bacon and shredded cheese until well mixed.

Drop teaspoon sized dollops (no bigger than an inch, they expand) onto a greased cookie sheet - VERY IMPORTANT THAT IT IS GREASED OR THE CHEESE WILL STICK!

Bake 10 minutes or until puffy and golden. Cool on an oven rack, store in a plastic bag or container.

They are super delish hot, and still very tasty at room temp. I'm going to try a parmesan/garlic version once I find some decently priced fresh parm.

Enjoy!

Cost (for those of you that care about that sort of thing): About $2.25 per batch. Less if you buy bulk block cheese and shred it yourself.

Latest posts

Back