• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Chris Christie should not judged weight

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before we begin, I would like to point, that do not want this thread to just devolve into a thread just about Governor Christie's politics, I would like this thread, to be primary be about how, he is look upon as the next possible Republican nominee, that his weight is more important that his politics.

That said here is part of the article that got my attention:

Barbara Walters made headlines when she asked that question while interviewing Christie for her “10 Most Fascinating People of 2012” special. The question is fair as it relates to health and presidential politics, although Walters might not be thrilled if someone asked if she’s too old to be on TV.
Christie, who is known for rude replies to questions he doesn’t like, has a touching vulnerability when it comes to the “F” word. He said he didn’t think he’s too fat, adding: “I think people watched me for the last number of weeks during Hurricane Sandy doing 18-hour days and getting back up the next day and still being just as effective in the job, so I don’t think that will be a problem.”
If he truly believes that, he’s not just Jersey strong, he’s Jersey delusional. This country is obsessed with looks and thinness. When it comes to presidential politics, the John F. Kennedy model sets the bar for the modern candidates.

However, I was happy that the articles finished off, with this.

....He should not be judged by weight or photo-op alone. Neither gives the full picture of his fitness for higher office.

If elected he will be the first clinically obese president since Taft, which while be a strive to the SA, however, that would be put his weight before his politics.

On the other hand, would it be bad, if we at the SA, used his candidacy, to open the door to a serious and open discussion to SA?

Here is the link to the story: http://bostonglobe.com/opinion/2012...eight-photo/o56fkIzyLbul7Byt2dXRuL/story.html

Latest posts

Back