• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Columbia University Beauty Patch Study

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superodalisque

earlier today i saw an interview regarding the Dove Beauty Patch Study that was run by a Columbia University researcher. i thought that the study would be a good companion to the thread we had going on fat and beauty. the patch was supposed to have medication that would help women feel better about their looks. the researcher found that the women experienced a rise in self esteem and self image. the patch which was called RBX was a placebo. the study seemed to show how much power our minds have on the way that we feel about our looks and how it is possible to change how we feel about ourselves. the participants also seemed to have an impact on their looks. i have the impression it might have been because they took better care of themselves since they felt better. why do you think the participants felt better about their looks? how do you think this would relate to fat people and their body image?

here is a link to a video regarding the study:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGDMXvdwN5c

Latest posts

Back