• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Commercial

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OverdriveAddict

So I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I just saw a *name removed* commercial on TV and it's been bugging me for awhile. I can't find the actual video online but I'll describe it for you.

For those of you who don't know, **name removed** is a drug they're selling on TV saying that you can lose tons of body fat without changing your lifestyle at all...yeah yeah, typical gimmick drug deal.

Anyway, the reason this one sticks out so much is because of the comment the "narrator" makes when they're showing some animated guy saying how body fat accumulates over time. At this point he says, "body fat is unattractive..." and accumulates around these body parts, etc. etc. What makes this so shocking to me is that they flat out say that fat is unattractive. As an FA, this is just a flat out lie, since it's a matter of personal personal preference. However, they have the audacity to that fat is unattractive. "Is," as in the verb to be.

Undoubtedly, the media has (for quite some time) implied and perpetuated the notion that any amount of fat is unattractive. I just can't believe that that they've cut out their (let's be honest) NOT so subtle nuances about fat being ugly and just flat out said it. Obviously, they're trying to promote a fat loss product so they're coming from that angle, but I just feel that their blatant language is sort of uncalled for...

Any thoughts on this?

Back