Coolest Barbie EVAR!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Jack Skellington

Grim Grinning Ghosts
Yes, even cooler than the Morticia Barbie.

I've been searching for her for MONTHS. Finally found the Wicked Witch Barbie at Toys R Us today. Absolutely gorgeous doll and extremely high quality for the $24.99 Pink Label level price point.

She is the prettiest Wicked Witch doll ever in my opinion. Like the very high priced Tonner Wicked Witch she is obviously more Elphaba than Margaret Hamilton in the looks department.

The picture really doesn't do her justice.

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
Wow, I'm not into Barbies but she really is a beautiful doll. Congrats on finding her!

jamyjam224

That is a great collector's item, great find! Did you see a new Tin Man doll? he's my love:wubu:...cause i'm strange

Jack Skellington

Grim Grinning Ghosts
That is a great collector's item, great find! Did you see a new Tin Man doll? he's my love:wubu:...cause i'm strange

The stores I've checked over the past several months have all had the Tin Man and rest of the set. Also, all of the dolls in the set are really nicely done. But I'm only interested in Wicked and this was the first I've seen her. I don't know if they made less of her or if she is just more popular.

MisticalMisty

The stores I've checked over the past several months have all had the Tin Man and rest of the set. Also, all of the dolls in the set are really nicely done. But I'm only interested in Wicked and this was the first I've seen her. I don't know if they made less of her or if she is just more popular.

This is the 3rd time around that Mattel has done a Wizard of Oz set.

The first was back in the late 90's with the Hollywood Legends Collection and the Wicked witch was not included in that group. They were collectors items that sold for $50-$75.

A few years ago, they came out with another group of them. This time, they were the price as most normal dolls. The Wicked Witch was missing that time as well.

The new set is awesome. I'm not into the Wizard of Oz and I have all of the Hollywood Legends except for the Cowardly Lion..so I'm not really interested in this group..but they are all very beautiful.

jamyjam224

thanks :) , I'll keep my eyes peeled, She probably is more popular, which makes me kinda want her now too..whenever something is hard to get, I want it, I don't know why ..:confused:

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&
B000JLPMVM.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Want... Want... Want... Want... Want... Want... Want... Want... Want... Want... Want... Want... Want... Want... Want... Want... Want... Want... Want... Want...
Almost have to have her to go with the Samantha one.

There's Glinda too, but she's not nearly as fabulous, imo:

glinda.gif

Jack Skellington

Grim Grinning Ghosts
This is the 3rd time around that Mattel has done a Wizard of Oz set.

I remember both sets.

The adult collector aimed Hollywood Legends set was really nice, but like you said, also really expensive. The child aimed 1999 set was fair. The clothes were kinda cheap looking in my opinion. Both times the exclusion of Wicked ticked me off to no end.

But thankfully they more than made up for it with the beautiful looking and high quality new Wicked.

There's Glinda too, but she's not nearly as fabulous, imo:

Well, no, she is not as cool as Wicked. But that goes without saying. To be fair though, she is the nicest Glinda they've done.

MisticalMisty

I remember both sets.

The adult collector aimed Hollywood Legends set was really nice, but like you said, also really expensive. The child aimed 1999 set was fair. The clothes were kinda cheap looking in my opinion. Both times the exclusion of Wicked ticked me off to no end.

Yeah...I bought Dorothy and the Tin Man..my mom or brother got the Scarecrow for me..that's the only reason I have them.

I collect barbies *gasp* I know..lol I can't help it...the clothes are beautiful.

My main focus is the Native American dolls..that's how the whole thing got started.

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
There's no shame in that. I collect the Witches and gothic looking ones.
I could so get into this too. What I really love? The Madame Alexanders... I'm just afraid to get started collecting them as I can become rather compulsive and I have a major lack of funds for such frivolities, but to quote Sam, "want want want want..." all this stuff.

13270.GIF
witch%2042400.jpg

2916_1.JPG

Latest posts