• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Destiny - by Matt L.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
Destiny​
by Matt L

[Reposted by permission from MattL's website Copyrighted by MattL - any reposting of this story must be made with his permission.]

Part One: The Quest for Love

Victoria Hensley and Alex Taylor were friends for many years, ever since meeting at their place of employment, The Oak Lawn Hospital and Medical Center, located in a small suburb just southwest of Chicago.

Victoria worked in the surgical department where she looked after the patient’s charts, arranged surgery schedules and various other secretarial tasks. Alex was on the transportation team, and he would transport patients to and from surgery, as well as other procedures and tests.

Victoria and Alex shared many of the same interests like sports, psychology and theology among other things. They would sometimes chat for hours, losing themselves in their long philosophical conversations on human behavior, or just some old fashion gossip. Alex would never admit it, but he deeply loved Victoria, though she only thought of him as her best friend. Alex considered this in his heart, and tried very hard to accept this fact.
It was quite odd indeed that Alex cared so dearly for Victoria, after all Alex was mainly attracted to full figure females and Victoria was on the slim side of 130 pounds.

Victoria was a true beauty, with an attractive diamond shaped face, soft green eyes and shoulder length wavy blondish-brown hair. Victoria's shape was slender and curvaceous, with wide hips and thighs that were a tad thick. It was Victoria's IQ and sarcastic sense of humor that drew Alex to her. Victoria was fun to be around and quite the conversationalist.

While Victoria was popular with the guys and frequently dated, Alex on the other hand had the same problem with every woman that he would become interested in. They would always feed him the same line, "You’re a nice guy but I only like you as a friend." Alex was a good looking young man in his own right, not shallow or superficial, but with a good kind heart, great sense of humor and intelligent as well. However, this nice guy image made Alex a pariah with the members of the opposite sex, causing him to ponder, "Are females only attracted to dysfunctional guys?"

Victoria would often debate Alex on this issue, "You have to remember the type of female your interested in. Material women go for materialistic men."

Alex would question Victoria, "Are you saying I'm attracted to pretentious women?"

Victoria would often laugh, as she would reply, "In one word, big time!"

It was an early summer afternoon at Comiskey Park as Alex and Victoria watched the Chicago White Sox play the Texas Rangers. Bringing each other up on current events, Victoria informs Alex about her latest date from hell. "Yeah, so from there we arrive at the movie late, he makes me buy my own pop corn and as we sit in our seats, he can't keep his arm's off me. Later on as we say goodnight, he hug's me so tight I can't breathe, and then tries to kiss me. So I told him, I don't kiss on the first date."

Alex watching a fly ball to center remarks, "He's a salesman, right?"

Victoria shook her head and replied, "Yeah, what does that have anything to do with it?"

Alex sipped his coke, "Salesmen are slim balls. They’re always out to score with sales and with the ladies. Know what I mean?"

Victoria smiled, "Yeah, I guess your right. Isn't Lofton playing a little shallow?"

Alex nodded, "The guy at the plate has a buck twenty average. He won't hit it out of the infield."

Spotting a hot dog vendor, Alex asks Victoria, "Want a hot dog?"

Victoria remarked in a cheerful tone of voice, "You just read my mind but, just one. Okay two."

As Alex call's over to the hot dog vendor, the player at the plate hits a home run, which cause's Victoria to laugh, "Won't hit it out of the infield, huh?"

Reclaiming his seat, Alex replies, "Eat your hot dogs."

Victoria chuckles, and is about to start on her first hot dog when she notices Alex checking out a plump young lady walking up the stairs.

Victoria smiled, "You like?"

Alex shook his head and concurred, "Yeah, I think she's attractive."

Victoria rolled her eyes, "She has the wrong hairstyle for the shape of her face, and her slacks don't flatter her behind."

Alex disagreed, "I kind of like her butt."

Biting into her hot dog, Victoria remarked, "I'm glad I'm on my diet, my rear could have been just as big."

Alex blinked his eyes, "What are you talking about? You've been slim as long as I've known you."

Victoria felt other wise, "Last winter I was a blimp."

A puzzled look took to Alex's face, "Uh? You were never even plump, let alone a blimp."

Victoria puffs up her cheeks, "You don't remember me looking like this "

Alex laugh's, "No I don't. Do it again, you look cute like that."

Victoria sipped her coke, "You have a selective memory."

Alex continued to laugh, "Oh I think if your cheeks were really that chubby I'd remember."

Taking another bite from her hot dog, Victoria told Alex, "I wore loose clothing so no one could see my inflated figure."

Rolling up his program, Alex playfully tapped Victoria on the upper arm, "You are so full of it."

However, Victoria continued to plea her case, "I was 145 pounds. None of my jeans fit, I had a tummy bulge. I was getting fat."

Alex eased into his seat, and looked on as Victoria started on her second hot dog. "Alex, when I was in high school the lunchroom attendant once told me, with my appetite I'm destined to shop at the 16 plus store. My gosh, she knew what she was talking about."

Alex raised his eyebrows, "You've always had a good appetite Vicky. So your metabolism is slowing down. It's only natural, you’re going to put on a few pounds."

Victoria went into a long speech about overeating in high school due to stress. "I was on so many social committees in high school; I was buzzing with anxiety. Good thing I was active in cheerleading or I'd surely be a thick chick."

Alex tilted his head to catch a glimpse of the plump young lady returning to her seat, and then turned to Victoria, "Would it be so terrible if you put on a few pounds? You know, being a little chubby isn't exactly evil."

Victoria laughed, "For me it is! The guys I date don't go for chubby chicks."

Alex shook his head, "You mean guys who are interested in trophy chicks. You are not a trophy chick Victoria. Not by a long shot."

Victoria sipped her coke, and then announced as she stood up, "I have to powder my nose."

Alex shouted over to Victoria as she walked through the aisle, "We're going to finish this conversation Vicky!" As the row of fans turned to Alex, Alex replied, "Well, we are."

Upon Victoria's return to her seat, she quickly changed the subject, "So whose the latest love of your life this week?"

Alex watched a foul ball into the stands, and then turned to Victoria who was indulging in some ice cream, "Heidi, you know from radiology."

Victoria chuckled, and Alex asked, "Are you implying Heidi's not my type?"

Victoria nibbled on her ice cream, "Yeah she's your type. Chubby with high standards."

Alex leaned towards Victoria, "Are you saying she's a snob?"

Victoria replied with a smile, "Yeah, and a heartbreaker too. She's not for you."

Alex folded his arms over his chest, and returned the smile, "Okay brainiac, what kind of girl is right for me?"

Victoria answered in less then a second, "Someone like you. Nice."

Alex laughed, "Oh right Vicky. Like chicks are attracted to nice guys. That never happens."

Victoria reassured her friend, "It'll happen when you least expect it. You'll meet the right girl who'll appreciate you for who you are. A nice sensitive gentleman."

Alex shook his head, "I'm tired Vicky. I'm tired of always being the nice guy females will only accept as a friend. I want to be out with a woman in the moonlight, taking her into my arms and give her a long, deep, hard passionate kiss. I'm tired of just being their friend. I have enough female friends. I'm always the bridesmaid never the bride!"

Victoria sipped her coke, and then continued eating the ice cream, "Trust me on this Alex. Don't ever change. You’re a very wonderful young man. There are enough jerks out there already. I'd love to meet a guy like you."

This caused Alex to ask, "Then what about me? Aren't you interested in me at all?"

Victoria bit her lip, "Alex, your my best friend. I truly love you but only as a...." Victoria didn't finish her sentence, realizing Alex heard it much too often. Victoria gently took Alex by the forearm, and sensing his struggle in accepting her feeling's softly told him, "I honestly didn't mean to hurt you."

Alex nodded, then Victoria smiled, "Cheer up Alex. You'll meet the right girl some day." Nudging Alex on the shoulder until he smiled, Victoria suggested, "Let's grab a pizza after the game. I'll give you pointers on how to successfully flirt with the waitresses."

Alex laughed, "Yeah, sure." Victoria took a spoonful of ice cream, "Alright, cool! I could really go for pizza."

Back