• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

dietary restrictions and weight gain

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anybodys

Hello! It's been a long time since I've posted on Dims forums, though I used to be fairly active over on the BHM/FFA board. Recently began a relationship with a long-time friend. About a year ago, we accidentally discovered (after knowing each other for five or six years and nearly becoming roommates at one point) that we are both into weight gain! I'd been wanting to gain for a while, and since he wants me to as well I finally have sufficient motivation. I'm not trying to put on a whole lot right now, maybe ten to twenty pounds.

The problem is that I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to do it healthily. I have a lot of food restrictions, which is the main difficulty.

-I'm a long-time vegetarian, not for any moral or ethical reasons (I think eating sustainably-farmed meat and wearing leather is much more moral than eating soy and wearing pleather, for instance) but out of a deeply ingrained food phobia. My mom, bless her heart, used to serve chicken legs that looked like the chicken had died of a flesh-eating bacteria. Kind of turned me off meat. I've recently begun forcing myself to eat fish from time to time, but I'm not a fan.

-I have always had a dairy allergy, and it's getting worse and worse. I finally swore off cheese for good tonight after eating just a little and now, some six hours later, still having trouble swallowing. I don't even like cheese that much and it's sure as hell not worth dying of anaphylaxis. Most tips I've seen for gaining weight healthily involve a lot of dairy, which would probably kill me.

-I'm very sensitive to sugar, and feel really sick and shitty if I eat much of it.

I'm thinking a lot of potatoes, beans and rice, and good bread and pasta, but any additional tips would be appreciated.

Also thinking of starting running, for general health reasons but also because doing cardio tends to make me eat more and gain weight. Weight-lifting, from what I have learned, seems to make women gain weight but lose fat because of all the muscle. I like having muscle, just want it to be better-padded. Any exercise tips?

Thanks y'all! :)

Oh, and one more thing-- anybody know much about good supplements to take? Trying out maca root, be interested to know if anyone else has had any experience with it.

Latest posts

Back