• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Does the true hourglass female body shape exist?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagnerstrauss

Hi, Everybody,

I always wondered why my ideal female shape, an hourglass figure, seemed so rare.

Now, according to Wikipedia's entry on "Female Body Shape," the hourglass, as I and probably most guys who look at Dimensions, doesn't exist.

The story discusses the:
Apple: a triangle facing downward; big on top. Meaning: Big breasts, skinny butt and thighs.

Pear: Triangle upward; big belly and butt.

Hourglass: Triangles opposing, facing in. Now, here's the part that's controversial for me. The story continues with, "This body type enlarges the arms, chest, hips and rear before other parts, including waist and upper abdomen." Which is to say, yes, big butt, thights and arms, but not big breasts. At least, that's how I interpret this sentence.

Maybe they're right. The only lady I've ever seen in life or pic who was very big all over, but had a relatively small waist, and so was the perfect icon of hourglass-dom, was Happy.

I saw photos of this ideal, "super-hourglass," if you will, one day over 10 years ago in the supermarket checkout counter in a National Enquirer-like tabloid. The beautiful lady was named Happy. The head (title) for the story was something like Eight-Foot-Round Lady Saves Life of 600-Lb Woman," in case anyone remembers.

If I can figure out how to upload the photos, I'll send 'em. Too bad she never modelled. A loss to humanity.

Ladies reading this out there in the ether, if you are blessed with a Happy-like figure, please lemme know!

Sincerely,
wagnerstrauss

View attachment Happy.jpg

Back