• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Egypt

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having watched Christiane Amanpour's talk with President Mubarak and the Vice President Suleiman, it's pretty clear that those two gentlemen don't have a good assessment of what's happening in their country. Their view seems to be that, regrettably, people are behaving poorly, and the government does what it can, but sooner or later people will come to their senses. Mubarak knows that he'll leave, but, seeing no immediate danger to himself, he seems determined to handle this his way.

However, the situation has fundamentally changed. The people of Egypt seem sufficiently pissed off that they've passed a point of no return. Unfortunately, there is really no one to rally around, with Mohamed ElBaradei's quest to set himself up as the standard bearer apparently having fizzled, and so we're seeing increasing violence and probably increasing determination and despair as food and services will running lower and lower.

Mubarack could probably fix that by simply going on TV, which he totally controls, and say something like,

"Look, people of Egypt, we're all facing a totally unacceptable situation. While personally I believe that I have done a lot of good for Egypt (list some of the good stuff), I realize that I also failed to move with the times, and perhaps I have wronged you in the process. That was never my intent, and I deeply apologize. Times have changed, and Egypt must have a government by the people, for the people, but getting there must help Egypt, not hurt it more. I am willing to leave now, but it must be done the right way, else we have Egyptians fighting Egyptians and our nation will incur even greater damage. So we will set up a national congress to discuss and agree on the future of our country (state where, when and how). My government will advise and assist in this transition because after all, we know how it all works and we want to pass it all on productively, but I will not personally seek any part of it. I will relinquish my position as President to the counsel overseeing the formation of a new constitution and new government for Eqypt as soon as that body is formed, which I expect to be within two weeks. In the meantime, people of Egypt, I do not, I repeat, NOT, condone any violence committed supposedly in support of me or my government. That must stop and I have given orders to the military to that extent. You, the people of Egypt, have spoken, and I accept your judgement and wishes. Now Egypt must move on so a new nation can be built, we can clean up and look into a future of peace and prosperity for all."

Latest posts

Back