• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

ever had the feeling you're not meant to have a holiday?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mottiemushroom

Give it some welly!!!
I've been back in full time employment for 2 yrs now - that adds up to a total of 10 weeks holiday. Apart from one, where i went off to Holland to challenge myself by going alone, all have been disasters. If i've not been ill, it's been things like my cooker catching fire, my toilet pipe leaking & flooding the place, my dad dying etc etc

It's become a standing joke that something WILL go wrong the week i book off work. Well i clocked off work at 7pm for week off - having arranged with my kids to give me some space for the next 2 days for me to chill out & the rest of the time they can have their mates & girlfriends here as usual. By 9pm my tumble dryer had died, one of my oldest friends dad had died, another one's got family problems, & another has suffered a miscarriage - all of which have been in touch & asked if they can come & bend my ear/have a hug asap.

Now i should have known better than to plan some ME time!!! I can't even say i am upset about the cost or inconvience of the tumble dryer - it pales in significance of losing a loved one & puts things into perspective. Why am i prepared to put these people in front of my chill out time? Simple: when i had my breakdown some years ago, these are the very people who were there for me & helped me pick up the pieces (I WILL get my chill out time - just have to juggle it !!!).

But on the plus side this week - i've been in a mega good mood looking forward to no work & it's brushed off on my workmates & even the customers; & we've all had some brilliant laughs all week. One of my friends has given me a dining table & chairs she no longer wanted (& i needed a new one). Also, even though Gary is on hols in Malta he made time to contact me on the anniversary of my dad's death.

So what goes around does come around.... does that mean i slacked off at work all this week hence i get no time to slack during my holiday:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back